Holiday Inn London Regent’s Park
London, United Kingdom
  • So if you're looking for a place to stay in London, I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn London at Regent's Park

• by Phoenix9166
      London, one of the most expensive cities in the world. Always wanted to visit, but can’t find a nice location that won’t take a huge bite out of your wallet? Well, look no more, because the Holiday Inn London at Regent’s Park is your answer. A nice hotel, without all the fancy trappings, but still perfect to choose for a stay in the great city of London. First off, the location is excellent.

In a quiet neighborhood, but very very safe. Even I felt safe walking down the 5 minute walk to from the Tube to the hotel at midnight. No fears of muggers jumping out at you here.

/> Not only that, but it is very close to the Tube (Warren Street Station), which allows you to easily access the other major sites (such as Westminster station for Big Ben). It also has quite a few restaurants around, especially if you’re looking for cheap eats. Indian restaurants abound (such as Lord’s), and an inexpensive pizzeria are good choices.

Tesco’s, a grocery chain, and Portland Food and Wine are also very close, in case you don’t want to spend a fortune eating out and are willing to settle for some basic fare. Or if you just need some large bottles of water. The hotel itself is wonderful and clean.

...

• The room is of an adequate size, though the two “standard” beds may be a bit small. However, it is London, so can you really complain? As long as you fit, (which I did) and have a restful sleep (which I also did), then it’s nothing too bad. All the rooms had what you would expect, such as TV, mini bar, etc.

The bathroom also is a bit small, but once again, it’s London. All the amenities are provided for you, and the shower has excellent water pressure. The staff are also extremely helpful.

I asked for a couple of extra blankets and towels, along with a toothbrush

some other day, and it was promptly sent up. I also locked my room key in once, and they immediately provided me with a new one. The concierge or front desk is also very helpful in directing you to where you need to go for whatever need.

I needed to buy a pair of dress socks, and one of the ladies immediately suggested Oxford Street, and gave me a general idea of how to get there. I got my socks 15 minutes later. So if you’re looking for a place to stay in London, I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn London at Regent’s Park.

In fact, on my next trip to London, this one will be my number one choice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 280878190331/k2311a088/8.8.06