Sonia Kashuk Enhance Eye Color in Sadye Pink  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • I heard about the makeup brand Sonia Kashuk from Youtube gurus a while back, and since I had never tried anything from that brand, I decided to buy an eyeshadow in Sadye Pink
  • I thought the color looked really pretty so I was planning on using it for a pink eye look because I didn't really have too many pink eyeshadows
  • Unfortunately, my plans went down the drain when I swatched this
  • I don't like wasting makeup but I think I'm probably going to have to throw this out because there is absolutely no use for this
  • However, I think the softness it the reason why it is so powdery

• by Kelairyy

I heard about the makeup brand Sonia Kashuk from Youtube gurus a while back, and since I had never tried anything from that brand, I decided to buy an eyeshadow in Sadye Pink. It looked like a really light pink with maybe a coral undertone, not a true pink, but pretty all the same. The outside case is rectangular and white. It comes with a little mirror and applicator as well. I don’t remember exactly how much it was, but I’m guessing around five dollars or so. I am never buying Sonia Kashuk products again! I also bought a blush at the same time, and I hated both of the Sonia Kashuk products. The eyeshadow is absolutely terrible.

I thought the color looked really pretty so I was planning on using it for a pink eye look because I didn’t really have

too many pink eyeshadows. Unfortunately, my plans went down the drain when I swatched this. This eyeshadow is SO POWDERY, it doesn’t look pink at all! All I can see is the powder, powder, powder. It looks HORRIBLE. It almost looks a bit white because there it is so powdery and unpigmented. When I rubbed this on my skin to see what it looked like, it didn’t look like eyeshadow at all. It looked almost like a powder foundation or something because all I could see was powder and no color. It sucks, and I’m really annoyed that I wasted my money on a product that I can’t even stand to use at all! On my eyelids, this eyeshadow doesn’t look pink at all, it looks like a creamy white color that isn’t pigmented enough to show properly. I hate this product!

• I am definitely not rebuying this. I don’t like wasting makeup but I think I’m probably going to have to throw this out because there is absolutely no use for this. It can’t be used as an eyeshadow because the quality is so crappy. It doesn’t even LOOK like eyeshadow, it looks like powder foundation… I mean really, I knew this wouldn’t be the best eyeshadow ever, since it is a drugstore brand (aren’t as good as high-end for the most part), but this is getting to the extreme. This eyeshadow is absolutely horrible! Also, like most applicators, the one that comes with this eyeshadow sucks at applying eyeshadow, so I would just use an eyeshadow brush, if I could even use this eyeshadow, that is.

One of the only thing I like about this eyeshadow is that it is really soft.

Since it is so soft, I can apply this easier. However, I think the softness it the reason why it is so powdery. It is maybe even a little too soft… I could probably dig a hole into this eyeshadow just by rubbing it back and forth with my finger. I also like the fact that it has a little mirror that I can look at if I want to check my makeup. But since it is so small, I can only see a little part of my face, not all of it. That could get annoying, but I guess better a small mirror than no mirror.

I am never repurchasing Sonia Kashuk products again if all her eyeshadows are like this. The quality is horrible and so powdery, and Sadye Pink was so unpigmented, it looked white! I don’t recommend this eyeshadow whatsoever.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312907781390731/k2311a0729/7.29.09