Maybelline Define-A-Lash Waterproof Mascara (Lengthening)  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was really curious about the Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascaras, so when I finally ran out of my mascara, I decided to buy it to try out
  • There are mascaras that I like better than this, but it does a decent job
  • It can hold a curl for the whole day which is AMAZING, unlike a lot of mascaras
  • I think it is that way so it won't clump as easily, but I still don't really like the brush
  • I would recommend checking this out the next time you see this at your local drugstore

• by Kelairyy

I was really curious about the Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascaras, so when I finally ran out of my mascara, I decided to buy it to try out. There are two kinds of the Define-A-Lash, one is for lengthening eyelashes, and another one is to create volume. I decided to buy the lengthening mascara because my eyelashes are really short, and I always buy waterproof so I can go swimming with mascara on.

This mascara is pretty nice. There are mascaras that I like better than this, but it does a decent job. It really lengthens my eyelashes unlike some of the mascaras I’ve tried out there! My eyelashes are really short, but after wearing this, a lot of people commented on how nice my eyes looked because of my eyelashes. This is great for lengthening! I really like how long my eyelashes look after wearing this mascara. Also, it is really

good at holding a curl. I use an eyelash curler first to curl my eyelashes, and then I apply mascara. It can hold a curl for the whole day which is AMAZING, unlike a lot of mascaras! Also, even if I don’t use an eyelash curler, this mascara does a decent job of curling my eyelashes somehow; it’s really nice. This is also really easy to take off unlike some waterproof mascaras. I just use some makeup remover and wala! It’s gone. I also really like how this mascara doesn’t clump too much. I’m not saying it doesn’t clump at all, but it rarely happens, even with my clumsy hand. Also, since the brush isn’t too big, it is easier to get mascara on the eyelashes towards the corner of my eye, unlike some mascaras with huge brushes like Covergirl LashBlast.

Unfortunately, it is not really waterproof. It is way ...

• easier to handle that non-waterproof. Non-waterproof mascara is really messy in the water, and it drips down my face. This mascara doesn’t do that, so in a way, it is kind of waterproof, just not entirely. My mascara DOES come off; it just comes off in a less noticeable way. It basically kind of flakes off. After I get out of the pool, I can see little mascara bits around my eyes from it coming off, but at least it is not as messy as regular mascara. I don’t get the raccoon eyes like from non-waterproof mascara. I would say, this is a nice mascara to use during the day if you don’t want it to smear all over your face if you accidently rub your eyes or something. However, it is not the mascara to use in the pool because it is not totally waterproof; it is just messier.
        Also, I don’t really like the brush. It is just a normal brush, nothing special, but it is super flimsy and it bends really easily. I think it is that way so it won’t clump as easily, but I still don’t really like the brush. It is too flimsy for me, that it isn’t as easy to apply mascara.

Overall, this is decent mascara. It is fantastic and lengthening my eyelashes and it holds a curl really well! The down side is that it is not very waterproof, but if you don’t like waterproof mascara anyway, this is a good mascara to try out. It is pretty cheap as well, only around five to seven dollars. It is definitely worth the price, and it is a lot more affordable than some of the mascaras out there. I would recommend checking this out the next time you see this at your local drugstore!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312907781380731/k2311a0729/7.29.09