Almay Ideal Lipgloss in Pink Shimmer  » Cosmetics  »
  • A few days ago, I decided to reunite with this lipgloss and try it out again
  • For a lipgloss, this has amazing pigmentation
  • This lipgloss gives my lips that perfect pale pink color that I love in lipgloss
  • I like that because if the shimmer is too large or noticeable, it looks really tacky on my lips
  • The price is a little expensive for drugstore lipgloss, about seven to eight dollars, but I think it's worth it

• by Kelairyy

I actually got my lipgloss a few years ago, free with a rebate. My mom bought it for me when I was first starting to get interested in makeup. I don’t know why, but when I first got it, I HATED it. I used it a few times then threw it into my makeup traincase and left it there to sit in the dust. A few days ago, I decided to reunite with this lipgloss and try it out again. Wow, I was really surprised because this lipgloss is really nice! I don’t know why I didn’t like it before, but I sure like it now.

I really the pigmentation! For a lipgloss, this has amazing pigmentation. This lipgloss gives my lips that perfect pale pink color that I love in lipgloss. It actually shows up on my lips unlike a lot of lipglosses that are really sheer. If I swatch it on my hand,

I can actually see that it is a really light pink with some shimmer; it isn’t sheer which I think is wonderful! It almost matches my natural lip color, but it makes it a little more pinker, so it doesn’t wash me out like a lot of other lipglosses. The color alone will make me repurchase this gloss. There is shimmer in this gloss, but you can’t really tell unless you look closely. I like that because if the shimmer is too large or noticeable, it looks really tacky on my lips. Luckily, this Almay lipgloss in Pink Shimmer looks amazing, and the shimmer makes it look good, not tacky. The shimmer makes my lips look better, and it doesn’t get all over my face like some do (I don’t even know how), so I love this lipgloss! I also like the fact that it isn’t really sticky. It is a little heavy on my ...

• lips, but all lipglosses are pretty similar in that matter, so I’m okay with that. There is a slight peppermint smell to it. It kind of smells like medicine, but I don’t HATE it. I just don’t love it either. It doesn’t give me a headache, and it’s not too strong, so I just deal with it. However, there is no peppermint feel or taste. I love that! A lot of times lipglosses will have artificial tastes to them, and usually, I hate that because it tastes so fake and disgusting that it makes me want to gag. This has no taste which is perfectly fine by me.

One of the only things I don’t really like about this lipgloss is the brush. It is like a paintbrush, so if I don’t apply it with a mirror, I get it all over my mouth, which is kind of messy. But this is just my opinion; a

lot of people actually like this kind of brush. Also, the consistency is kind of thicker than usual lipgloss. That makes it a little heavy on my lips. It is not too bad though, so I can deal with it. I think it is heavy because it is more pigmented, and I like the pigmentation.

Overall, this is a really nice lipgloss. It has great pigmentation and gives my lips a really pale pink color, SO PRETTY! Also, there is no taste and it is not sticky at all. The price is a little expensive for drugstore lipgloss, about seven to eight dollars, but I think it’s worth it. Keep on the lookout for deals. It is a really nice lipgloss just to keep around, and it looks good for all occasions. Recently, I’ve been wearing this almost everyday because it looks so nice. I’m so glad I rediscovered this. I really recommend you check this out!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312907781370731/k2311a0729/7.29.09