Simmons Sleep Centre  » Furniture  »
7145 11th Street SE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • As I spend a lot of time in Alberta, this only becomes an issue if it is a big item and I eventually have to bring it home
  • I had decided that I like the Beautyrest brand, as I have had good luck with it before, but I was open to suggestions
  • After reading up on different mattresses, I decided to seek advice from a store and went to Simmons Sleep Centre in Calgary
  • It turned out to be the best place I could have gone

• by Jessie Bahrey

I try to purchase any items, both big ticket and small consumer goods, in Alberta rather than at my home in BC because the prices are generally far cheaper. As I spend a lot of time in Alberta, this only becomes an issue if it is a big item and I eventually have to bring it home. I have spent some time looking at mattress prices and styles because I am going to need a new one soon, so I looked at several retail stores and went online to narrow my options and find out what the prices are. I had decided that I like the Beautyrest brand, as I have had good luck with it before, but I was open to suggestions. After reading up on different mattresses, I decided to

seek advice from a store and went to Simmons Sleep Centre in Calgary. It turned out to be the best place I could have gone.

The store is not a warehouse at all, but a showroom of mattresses, beds, accessories and bedding. I had already seen some of the brands’ main features on line, but I really needed to see what the best deals available were and my options for getting my purchase home to another province, if that was going to be possible. Much to my surprise, my timing was great because the Beautyrest brand was on sale this month. I was able to get immediate help when I walked in the door, and the salesperson right away said that the delivery to another province was possible, but we needed to pick ...

• out the best mattress first.

We went through the features I needed, included the firmness and longevity. The sales promotion was on the entire Beautyrest line and I was able to pick out the one I wanted right away, called NXG, with memory foam, mostly because I had made notes from my research on line, and I went over each model with him. He determined that this model would be the best for me, and that the sale for this model in a queen size was $1099, instead of over $1599. I got to feel it for myself too and actually see the ‘memory’ feature work. So we had the model and price worked out, now the hard part.

It wasn’t hard at all to figure out how to get my mattress home.

He said that either the store would wrap it up and we could put it on our roof rack or in the back of our SUV, if it fit, or they could deliver it, for a slight fee, to the nearest BC store, and we could pick it up there-so easy!! That way, we got to take advantage of the cheaper prices and less tax. As it turned out, we knew someone with a large truck who was making the trip at just the right time, but still, it is nice to know that someone could figure out logistics for me, and that made my purchase worry-free.

Simmons Sleep Centre not only has a great selection and good prices, but their staff is very knowledgably and willing to go the extra mile in customer service.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 572907781040731/k2311a0729/7.29.09