Flora by Gucci perfume  » Perfume  »
  • I have been wearing Gucci II, Gucci's amazingly delicious smelling slightly floral slightly sweet smelling perfume for years now and swore to myself that I would never switch
  • Everyone needs a signature fragrance and I decided then and there that Gucci II would be mine
  • The best part about it is that it is classically beautiful
  • I would buy the perfume simply because I love the packaging but I know that for NORMAL people, it takes more than just a beautiful bottle to shell out $65 for a bottle of decent sized perfume
  • If you have not yet smelled this amazing combination you are not aware of the genius that Gucci has come up with

• by Valerie

I have been wearing Gucci II, Gucci’s amazingly delicious smelling slightly floral slightly sweet smelling perfume for years now and swore to myself that I would never switch. Everyone needs a signature fragrance and I decided then and there that Gucci II would be mine. However, now that Gucci has come out with Flora by Gucci my decision is being altered and my mind swaying in the direction of making a change.

First of all, I am a packaging junkie and if something looks beautiful, I simply have to have it. I’m not sure if you have seen this bottle yet or not, but if you have not google image it immediately.

This

bottle is truly the most beautiful perfume bottle I have ever seen in my life. The best part about it is that it is classically beautiful. From the shape of the clear glass bottle to the cursive writing on the label to the beautiful black decorated bow surrounding the cap, the packaging is pure genius.

I would buy the perfume simply because I love the packaging but I know that for NORMAL people, it takes more than just a beautiful bottle to shell out $65 for a bottle of decent sized perfume.

On to the more serious issue of how the fragrance actually smells: This perfume is not overwhelming or too strong.

• In fact, it is the perfect strength in my opinion, strong enough for others to notice you but not so strong that you clear out the room while people run out the door coughing because your fragrance is WAY too heavy as many of them are.

It is mainly a floral based fragrance as described by Gucci themselves, “It is inspired by princesses of the past”. The bottle certainly looks like this fragrance is fit for a princess. Luckily, it smells that way as well. The smell is classic and sohpisticated, designed for a woman who wants to make a fashion statement and get noticed. However, not noticed because their fragrance stinks, noticed because their fragrance

is clasically beautiful.

The style is elegant and the top notes are citrus accord, floral peony, pink pepper and sandalwood. If you have not yet smelled this amazing combination you are not aware of the genius that Gucci has come up with.

I truly did not believe that Gucci could possibly outdo themselves with the beautiful bottle of Gucci II and the to die for scent. BUT THEY ACTUALLY HAVE! The Flora designed hexagonal bottle is truly unique and creates a classic look that this time could not possibly be outdone. But with Gucci, you NEVER know!

If you want to feel and smell like a princess, go purchase this fragrance immediately.

Flora by Gucci perfume

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 562907781010631/k2311a0729/7.29.09