Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner  » Cosmetics  »
  • Both products made my shower smell amazing

• by Jessie Bahrey

I usually use salon hair products because I just feel like they are better quality and are better for my hair. I may be completely mistaken, but I have not purchased drugstore brands for years because I just don’t like how they make my hair look and feel. This could all be in my imagination, and I may just be a hair product snob, but it is what it is. Well, all my hang-ups about drugstore brands were put to the test the other day when I received a free sample-size Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing shampoo and conditioner in the mail. The containers are bigger than those small one-use samples, as they

are 50ml, so I had every intention of saving them for my next vacation or business trips, but then I made the mistake of opening them to smell the scent; let’s just say that my expensive salon shampoo and conditioner containers are under my sink not being used right now. I may have to re-think my addiction to salon brands.

I received the samples of Herbal Essences and put them aside for future use. I was then cleaning out my travel bag, and decided to see what the scent ‘white nectarine and pink coral flower’ smelt like. That was my downfall. The scent is magnificent. It is fruity and reminds me of fresh fruit ...

• on a Caribbean island. It actually smells good enough to eat or drink. It sounds cliché, but this aroma made me happy, and I wanted to rub it all over me. Given this surprising discovery, I couldn’t resist using the shampoo and conditioner the next time I washed my hair because I wanted to smell like this. I didn’t really pay attention to the ‘volumizing’ part of the title of this product, because I really don’t believe that any shampoo and conditioner, especially drugstore brands, can make your hair ‘big’ without styling products. I was just after the scent.

The shampoo lathers very nicely, and rinses out nicely. The conditioner is thick and felt

quite rich. Both products made my shower smell amazing. I dried my hair and styled it as usual, and although I cannot say that my hair was fuller and had more body, the scent lasted almost all day. It faded a bit over the day, but it lasted enough so that I could smell it and that was a very nice feature. My husband even noticed-he asked me if I was wearing a new body cream or perfume. While I cannot claim that Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing shampoo and conditioner adds volume to my hair, the scent is absolutely wonderful and good enough to actually stop me from using my normal brands!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312807779420431/k2311a0728/7.28.09