HP Deskjet F4210  » Electronics  »
  • I thought that was very useful but I don't know how accurate that is
  • I like how the power button is on top of the machine and easy to reach

• by Diamend

I wanted a new scanner because my old one only works when it feels like it. I couldn’t afford a new one though so I just left the old one sitting on my desk. I told my grandpa that I was thinking of getting a new desktop and one day he decided to get me one. I love my grandpa :) He let me choose the desktop and he paid for it. Circuit City was going through their out-of-business sale and I took advantage of that.

There was a special package on sale that included an all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. It was the HP

Deskjet F4210. A newer version sells for $79. 99.

I like the size of it. It’s not huge and it looks nice. Because it is an all-in-one, I have a lot more room on my desk now. It was very easy to install.

The biggest document it can scan is a 8. 5″ by 12″ piece of paper. I don’t usually scan anything bigger than that so it was good enough for me. It’s hard to scan pages from books on here though because the cover of the scanner is light.

You have to press on it to get a good scan ...

• for anything that is thick. I really like how it has black copy and color copy options. There’s no scan button though and that was one thing that I really liked about my old scanner. What annoys me is that I have to open up Windows Gallery to scan something.

There is no separate software for the scanner. I couldn’t figure out how to scan a document until my brother came and told me. He only knew because he was using Windows Vista before me. This machine prints pretty nicely.

Black and white documents are printed neatly. The ink cartridges

are easy to install. They’re not too expensive either. Every time I use the printer, an alert of how much ink is left in the cartridges pops up.

I thought that was very useful but I don’t know how accurate that is. I don’t print out colored documents that often but this printer prints colored documents pretty neat and clean. I like how the power button is on top of the machine and easy to reach. I don’t have to hunch over the machine to reach over the back of the machine to turn it on/off.

This machine works very well especially for its price.

Patricia says :

How many pages can the toner of the printer print before finishing? Is it a line or page printer? How much are the toners or cartridges? Is this printer the best option for a student? What HP printer would you recommend for a student just for printing assignments?

Galega says :

That will depend on many factors, including the amount of texts per page - whether all pages are full page or not and how many graphics are there, among others. A cartridge with a 4000 page yield, for example, will run out of ink or toner at around 800 pages when used to print full pages of text and graphics with a high percentage of ink or toner coverage.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162807779380431/k2311a0728/7.28.09