On-Cor Sliced Turkey Dinner
  • At that point, I was happy with my purchase
  • We ended up making turkey sandwiches with the turkey slices and I found the On-cor brand to be perfect for this
  • Not only was the meat nice and tender, we even had a choice between white meat or dark meat (my wife likes white and I like dark)
  • However, even though there was too much gravy, I definitely can’t complain about the taste

• by Steve

I wanted something a bit different for dinner last night but didn’t want to spend a fortune. So, I once again headed to one of the local grocery stores and, avoiding the pizza section, looked in the freezer section. I ended up bringing home a sliced turkey dinner from the On-Cor brand. This isn’t the first time I have bought the slice turkey from this company.

We actually had it around Thanksgiving because we wanted a turkey dinner for just our small family and didn’t want to spend a fortune on a full-sized bird. At that point, I was happy with my purchase. And, after making the dinner again last night, I felt the same way.

this. Not only was the meat nice and tender, we even had a choice between white meat or dark meat (my wife likes white and I like dark). I have had other brands that didn’t offer that choice.

Price wise, I couldn’t argue with it. This dinner ended up costing me under $3 and it was enough for my wife and me (I still can’t get our oldest daughter to eat turkey); especially when I made a can of green beans to go with. I can’t tell you, with the economy the way it is, how important it is to find meals like this that can be made for under $5 total and still be large enough for leftovers (there is enough left in our fridge for one more sandwich so I’ll likely be fighting with ...

• my wife at lunch time).

I also liked how easy it was to make this dinner. All I had to do was put it in the microwave for 10 minutes, stir and put it back in for another 5 minutes. I will say, however, the tray and the plate I had it sitting on (the instructions tell you to put it on a microwave safe dish) were pretty darn hot when I took it out.

I do feel there was a bit too much gravy in this particular product. This isn’t a huge deal but it made me feel like I was fishing for the actual turkey and there was so much left, I ended up throwing out most of it. I normally don’t like wasting food.

But, I also knew there was no way we

would end up eating all of that and I didn’t want to take up space in our refrigerator on something that wasn’t going to be eaten. However, even though there was too much gravy, I definitely can’t complain about the taste. Again, I have had similar products from other brands before and hated them because the meat was overly tough and, more importantly, the gravy was too salty.

That wasn’t the case with this brand. The gravy legitimately added flavor; not a salty taste. I usually have to try a product at least twice before I am totally sure I like it.

After having the On-Cor sliced turkey dinner for a second time, I can honestly say I do. This is a fantastic meal that is easy to make and gives you much more quality than you would expect from the low price tag.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272807779250431/k2311a0728/7.28.09