Coconut Body Scrub by The Body Shop  » Cosmetics  »
  • Going to the SPA is one relaxing experience
  • I think I will use this on my whole body too but that would be so tiring so I need the help of my husband perhaps

• by ladyli

Going to the SPA is one relaxing experience. It is one of my ways of rewarding myself after one heavy week of working. But sometimes when tight on budget or don’t have the time to go to the SPA, I do my own SPA right in my own home. All it takes it just a good scrubbing product for a truly satisfying result. Nevertheless, of course it is not as relaxing as when somebody else is doing it for you.

Nevertheless, it is certainly a good and economical alternative.

One time while watching a show about going natural, it was discussed how to use virgin coconut oil and sugar in exfoliating and how satisfying the results are. Well, I do have a virgin coconut oil and sugar at home so I did not waste time

and tried it myself. Indeed it gave good softening and exfoliating effect but I find it quite messy so I did not do again. I am glad however that I was able to purchase Coconut Body Scrub from The Body Shop few days ago. They were giving 10 percent off that day and I availed of that opportunity. Actually they have various kinds of body scrubs but I particularly chose the new Coconut Body Scrub because I am an avid supporter of Virgin Coconut Oil. It is one of the natural products that I regularly take as food supplement and so far has given me wonderful results. So whenever, I see beauty products made of virgin coconut oil, I always buy so that I can try how it will work as a beauty ...

• product.

Now how then did this Coconut Body Scrub from Body Shop perform? I used it before I go to into shower. Of course this is not as messy as when I used VCO and sugar. The scent is that of coconut but no rancid smell, it is just subtle and pleasant enough. I scrubbed it on my hands, thighs and feet and did it just as my favorite SPA attendant does. It felt quite tiring as I did the scrubbing myself but the relaxing effect of the product could be felt as I was scrubbing it on my skin. I was actually curious how the coconut husks and ground coconut shells in this scrub could possibly exfoliate my skin without hurting. Well, it did and was satisfying. It was just perfectly grounded to

make an effective scrubbing power.

After the scrubbing, I went into shower and rinsed off my hands, thighs and feet of all the scrub’s residue with my clear Neutrogena Soap. I did not use the Olive Shower Gel of Body Shop because I want to test the moisturizing effect of the Coconut Body Scrub by itself. As I finished my shower I examined my thighs, feet and my hands. Well, the product effectively exfoliated off my dead skin. It also left my skin well moisturized. Indeed I was successful in massaging well the product’s virgin coconut oil into my skin. I saw smoother and glowing effect on those parts. I think I will use this on my whole body too but that would be so tiring so I need the help of my husband perhaps.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312807779100331/k2311a0728/7.28.09