The Body Shop Olive Body Butter  » Cosmetics  »
  • I read the products description of this Body Butter and it was then that I learned it is a body lotion
  • Now with the shea butter and cocoa butter I know both are being used in many beauty products because it has moisturizing effect
  • At night I used this again after my night shower and when in bed my husband noticed the nice smell of this product
  • I think this is one of the best lotions I’ve tried and could equal my Jergens

• by ladyli

One of the gifts I received during my last birthday is a twin pack of The Body Shop Olive Body Butter and The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel. I started using both for five days now but I want to review first The body Shop Olive Body Butter.

I read the products description of this Body Butter and it was then that I learned it is a body lotion. I thought it was a body scrub at first. Well what attracted me is that this product contains the natural ingredients of organic honey and it has shea butter and cocoa butter too. I know honey is a good anti-oxidant. In fact I am taking raw honey everyday. Now with the shea butter and cocoa butter I know both are

being used in many beauty products because it has moisturizing effect. I also read somewhere that cocoa butter has some healing effect and is rich with natural vitamin E and other vitamins and minerals. So it appeared to me that this product could give satisfying result because of the good ingredients it has.

When I first used the product what first attracted me is the gentleness of the scent. There is no strong scent, it is just so fresh and smells very clean. My choosy nose favored the scent of this product immediately. The product itself has a silky feel on my skin and it is just too light and does not leave heaviness as other lotions I’ve tested. There is no greasy feeling too, although the absorbency is ...

• not as fast as my Jergens. After application, I felt well moisturized and I don’t know if it was just psychological because I know the ingredients are mostly natural but there is some soothing effect upon application to my skin. Maybe it’s because of the nice smell and the soft feeling too. It is almost the same soft feeling I do have with my favorite Jergens although this one has a nicer scent.

At night I used this again after my night shower and when in bed my husband noticed the nice smell of this product. He asked me if I was using a different lotion and said it has a pleasant smell. Well, my husband’s observation is my number one reason why I’d stop using or keep using

the product. Since he commented favorably, it means I can use the product through and through.

It is now around 5 days of using The Body Shop Olive Body Butter and so far so good. It has good moisturizing and softening effect. I think this is one of the best lotions I’ve tried and could equal my Jergens. Nevertheless I will still stick to Jergens perhaps because this one is quite costly. It is sold at $20 at 6.9 fl oz., while my Jergens could be bought at more than half the price of this Olive Body Butter. I am satisfied with this product but inasmuch as I could also be satisfied by a cheaper one then I’d choose being more economical. Meanwhile, I’d enjoy using this gift till it’s done.

The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312807779080331/k2311a0728/7.28.09