Homemade Stuffed Peppers  » Recipes  »
  • I recommend adding some water into the pot, but not much since the peppers will quickly start giving up their juices and provide enough moisture

• by Lorianna
      Stuffed Peppers are a tasty homemade dish that does not take too much trouble to make. The recipe I use requires 1 lb of hamburger meat, 1 egg, 1 can of tomato soup (it does not have to be Campbell, the no-brand-name version works just as well), a ½ cup of instant rice, ¼ cup of water, and 5 to 7 sweet peppers, depending on the size. You will also need some salt and ketchup.

I usually use green peppers, but red and yellow are also fine, especially if

you want to add a nice variety of colors for kids or company. First, I prepare the peppers by rinsing them, cutting out what I refer to as “the butt,” and removing the seeds.

I also like to have a large pot ready, wide and not tall, sprayed with PAM cooking spray, so that when the peppers are stuffed they can go right into the pot. Preparing the stuffing is easy, you just mix it all together - hamburger meat, egg, rice, ¼ cup of water, and tomato soup.

...

• Add some salt and mix again. Before I begin stuffing the peppers, I put some ketchup in each one - just a little bit.

It is not really necessary, but whenever I attempt to skip this part I am usually asked by my family, “Where’s the ketchup??” I guess they notice the difference, so why not put some in. Now what’s left is the easiest part: stuff the peppers, place them in the pot, cover it with a lid, and let simmer on low or medium fire for 30

minutes.

I recommend adding some water into the pot, but not much since the peppers will quickly start giving up their juices and provide enough moisture. When the timer goes off the dish is done and ready to serve!! It will be very hot, so I usually give it some time to cool off a bit.

The peppers will be soft and juicy, with the meat inside filled with the yummy peppery aroma and taste. I serve ketchup to go with them.

Leftovers can be refrigerated and later reheated.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 493107790631/k2311a103/10.3.05