Fisherman’s Friend Cough Suppressent Lozenges  » Medicine  »
1.0
  • I think the numbing effect was supposed to be for the throat -- not the tongue, but it didn't really have that great of an effect on my throat
  • I was really disappointed in the Fisherman's Friend Lozenge

• by KJ hamnik

I finally tried the Fisherman’s Friend cough lozenges because a friend of mine gave me hers. She’d said that she didn’t like the flavor but then she doesn’t like a lot of things so I didn’t pay it any mind. I guess I should have.

When you need a medicine to help you to feel better you have to be able to take that medicine. Something like a lozenge is going to be in your mouth for a while. You’re supposed to

suck on it until it’s gone — so it’s going to be there.

These lozenges are gross tasting. I couldn’t believe it. My tongue was numb in about a minute but it didn’t really help that much with the cough. I think the numbing effect was supposed to be for the throat — not the tongue, but it didn’t really have that great of an effect on my throat. I just wasn’t going to work because I couldn’t take enough ...

• of the medicine to make it work. I was really disappointed in the Fisherman’s Friend Lozenge.

I took only one of these lozenges and it nearly made me gag. I’ve no doubt in my mind that the medicine worked for some people, somewhat but I couldn’t take another one because I couldn’t stand the flavor. It was supposed to be cherry flavored — and I could see why she bought this one, cherry seems to be the easiest flavor for

medicine that is. But this Fisherman’s Friend didnt’ taste anything like cherry.

I suppose if I was a fisherman and was smelling salt air all day and all night I wouldn’t notice the flavor, but I’m not and it’s disgusting. It makes me gag a little bit which isn’t the least bit helpful when you’re trying to stop coughing. So like my friend I’ll have to pass on the Fisherman’s Friend and put myself squarely in the non-friend column on this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262707778341231/k2311a0727/7.27.09