Wal-Tussin Cough Suppressent  » Medicine  »
  • The pharmacist at Walgreens suggessted she buy me Wal-Tussin -- a low cost, store brand of Robitussin (which is very expensive by comparison)

• by KJ hamnik

Recently, after suffering from a terrible cold this last spring I had a lingering cough that caused a great deal of pain in my ribs and made life simply unbearable. I couldn’t take two breaths without coughing and the agony of that nearly drove me mad. I was constantly coughing and recoiling from the pain — I didn’t want to cough anymore and I would try to hold it back because I couldn’t stand the pain in my ribs and my back.

My sister, seeing this, went to the store with very little money — at the end of the

month and asked the pharmacist what could be done. The pharmacist at Walgreens suggessted she buy me Wal-Tussin — a low cost, store brand of Robitussin (which is very expensive by comparison). She spent her last three dollars on the bottle and brought it home to me.

I took my first dose that night. It was in the middle of the night when I got to the point where I was crying and I just couldn’t stand it anymore. After I swallowed the Wal-Tussin I started coughing from the change in flavor and such. It only lasted a couple of seconds. I stopped coughing, for the first time in days I was able to take a breath without coughing. After about ten minutes I fell asleep and slept soundly for the first time in two weeks.

When I woke the next morning I quickly took another dose of the Wal-Tussin and was amazed. I got through the entire morning. I still had some lingering pain from the effort over the past two weeks but I was finally not adding to the damage anymore. Wal-Tussin saved me, it saved my lungs and my throat and within ...

• Wal-Tussin Cough Suppressent
      just a couple of days I started to feel a lot better. The pain began to ease as my ribs and muscles of my chest began to heal — no longer being assaulted by the constant coughing.

I was able to return to work in three days and didn’t cough again. Wal-Tussin is a great over-the-counter cough relief medicine and I can’t say enough about it. Except to say, Thanks Wal-Tussin you saved me from my misery and helped me to return to work. If you’re suffering from a lingering cough after the cold or flu, Wal-Tussin is

an inexpensive alternative to the high price, name brand cough suppressent. It is the same medicine as Robitussin, at the same strength and costs half of what Robitussin costs.

The best part of all was the flavor. I got the orange flavor. Usually these medicines have a flavor on the label and that’s the only place it exists. Wal-Tussin smelled like orange and tasted like orange. The trueness of the flavor and scent made it very easy to swallow and to take. Give it a try it really helped me to feel better and to begin to heal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262707778331231/k2311a0727/7.27.09