MASH: The Joker is Wild  » TV  »
2.0
  • Basically, Hawkeye and BJ get into an argument over who pulls the best pranks and end up in a prank war that goes on for 24 hours
  • This drives Hawkeye to near insanity because he is looking over his shoulder to avoid that next big prank (which all turns out to be in his head because the prank involves getting him to think he is going to be pranked)
  • I found myself bored from start to finish and regretted not making the effort to switch the channel when I had a chance

• by Steve

I was watching some MASH re-runs and came across one of my least favorite episodes “The Joker is Wild,” just because it was kind of pointless and one of the most un-funny episodes of the show I have ever seen. And, I’ve seen almost every single episode of it too.

Basically,

Hawkeye and BJ get into an argument over who pulls the best pranks and end up in a prank war that goes on for 24 hours; getting harsher and harsher as it escalates.

This drives Hawkeye to near insanity because he is looking over his shoulder to avoid that next big ...

• prank (which all turns out to be in his head because the prank involves getting him to think he is going to be pranked).

Maybe when this show first aired this episode it was funny.

After all, it was quite a few years ago and some jokes are funnier when they

are first told than years after the fact when there is a generation gap.

I just wish this episode would have turned out to be a lot funnier than it really was.

I found myself bored from start to finish and regretted not making the effort to switch the channel when I had a chance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102707778241231/k2311a0727/7.27.09