Adventure Island II: Aliens in Paradise for the Game Boy  » Games  »
2.0
  • I think I liked the first adventure island better
  • The enemies were easier to kill and even though the levels were generally longer, they seemed to feature traps and dangers that were simpler to avoid

• by GenesisOne

I think I liked the first adventure island better. Adventure Island II: Aliens in Paradise for the Game Boy brings aliens and extinct animals into the mix, to name a few things that are new.

Also new is the ability to ride certain creatures and collect new items and tools that can help you overcome the new challenges ahead.

In terms of visuals

and audio, there seems to be no improvement at all since the previous game, which while disappointing, is not sufficient alone to ruin the game.

This sequel seemed to be easier than the first game, quite oddly.

The enemies were easier to kill and even though the levels were generally longer, they seemed to feature traps and dangers that were simpler to avoid.

...

• As a result, I seemed to complete the levels faster and I ultimately finished this game quicker than the first.

I do not know if it perhaps had something to do with me having played the first game not too long back and so the controls and the physics felt very familiar to me, which is possible since this game feels a lot

like the first, or if perhaps this game is just not quite as challenging.

I certainly did not think that the final boss was a difficult to trounce this time around.

If you played the first adventure island and enjoyed it, I think you will like the sequel, but just like the first game, the sequel is also not a keeper in my opinion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282707778131131/k2311a0727/7.27.09