Adventure Island for the Game Boy  » Games  »
  • What I was disappointed in is the game's length
  • I beat the game during the seven-day rental period and I was satisfied with my experience

• by GenesisOne

Adventure Island for the Game Boy is a relatively challenging game that requires players to seek out weapons and items on a thick, lush tropical island to use as a means of defense against the creatures, animals and insects that an evil witch doctor has unleashed in your direction upon capturing a beautiful princess. In terms of originality, this game does

not win any awards, but I must say that this game does offer up some pretty good challenges in the form of attacking enemies, natural obstacles and platforming as well as puzzle challenges.

The game has a cartoon-like style to it, but the style is pretty irrelevant in this game as the main focus will be on surviving the various traps ...

• and dangers on the island.

The visuals are pretty plain, although the primary characters were the recipients of some extra attention.

The audio gets the job done and fairly appropriately covers the tone of each levels.

Controls are fairly responsive, although a little sluggish at times.

What I was disappointed in is the game’s length.

The game really is not that

long, especially if you pick up the controls quickly and are good at side scrolling platformers.

I beat the game during the seven-day rental period and I was satisfied with my experience.

I did not purchase it though because there is not anything to do once the game is beat and the game was not worth another play through, I did not think.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282707778121131/k2311a0727/7.27.09