Mike’s Auto Repair in Seneca, SC  » Cars  »
Hwy 59 in Seneca, SC
  • Contrary to the multiple companies that suggest I flush out the transmission fluid in my Dodge Durango, Phil at Mike's Auto Repair said he would absolutely avoid doing it if he were me
  • The complete willingness to serve really impressed me, and I'm not very easy to please
  • The fact that the employees truly care about the individual customers is absolutely amazing and something that truly is not very common

• by cbantly

Finding a good mechanic is perhaps one of the most difficult parts of owning a vehicle, and it has taken me the better part of 10 years to do so. I’m sure I would be incredibly displeased if I totalled up all of the wasted money that I dished out to various auto repair places in upstate South Carolina. For anybody who still uses a car dealership or large chain store for automobile repairs, you need to read the rest of this review and visit Mike’s Auto Repair in Seneca, SC.

I stopped by Mike’s Auto Repair one morning and met Phil, who was incredibly professional and courteous right from the start. He introduced himself with a hardy hand shake and asked what he could do for me. I explained that I needed an oil change, possibly

a tune-up, some tires, and a brake job. I told him that I was really uneasy about using a small shop, but that I simply could not afford to pay an incredibly high bill at this time. Phil suggested that he look at the vehicle and really spend some time coming up with an estimate and determining exactly what was needed. Although this sounded like a pretty good idea, I was worried that he would start naming services that I truly did not have a need for.

I’m used to not receiving an honest opinion on things that should be done to my vehicle, so I seldom give much thought to the things recommended to me by a mechanic. Contrary to the multiple companies that suggest I flush out the transmission fluid in my Dodge Durango, Phil at ...

• Mike’s Auto Repair said he would absolutely avoid doing it if he were me. He explained that he typically experiences more problems out of the service than he does from not having the service done. Chalk up $100 saved and it perhaps kept me from damaging my transmission!

After Phil looked at my tires, he informed me that I really did not need 4 new tires. I simply needed two new tires placed on the front, and the existing ones on the front could be moved to the back. Most tire places would jump at the chance to sell someone a whole set of brand new tires, but Mike’s Auto Repair is a whole lot more honest and has more integrity than that. My brakes don’t all need to be replaced, but I do need to

have the front brakes serviced and I will do that as soon as possible.

When talking about when to do the actual service, I explained that I lived less than a mile away from the shop and could simply walk home. You would of thought that I suggested murder, and Phil quickly stated that one of the mechanics would be more than willing to give me a ride home. In fact, he actually insisted on it.

The complete willingness to serve really impressed me, and I’m not very easy to please. The fact that the employees truly care about the individual customers is absolutely amazing and something that truly is not very common. I can suggest Mike’s Auto Repair in Seneca with absolutely no second thoughts, and I look forward to enjoying a long relationship with the guys there!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 92707778031131/k2311a0727/7.27.09