Yoshinoya Japanese restaurant  » Restaurants  »
Lot LG049 & 050, Lower Ground Floor, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
  • Most people consider the beef bowl as the best of all as it features sliced beef simmered in broth and seasoned with a blend of savoury herbs and spices
  • I think Yoshinoya's beef bowl is a little dry
  • At first I thought their salmon was served sashimi-style - I thought they put raw salmon in it

• by shinl

Yoshinoya is famous for their Japanese rice meal, Gyudon (since they have this promotion for Gyudon where you get the rice bowl, miso soup and chawanmushi at a price cheaper than usual). There’s three types of Gyudon - salmon, chicken and beef. Most people consider the beef bowl as the best of all as it features sliced beef simmered

in broth and seasoned with a blend of savoury herbs and spices.

I personally think the chicken bowl is better, as it has more sauce which makes the rice tastier. For me, the beef bowl is just so-so. Maybe because I’m a beef lover and I had expected something better than this. I think Yoshinoya’s beef bowl ...

• is a little dry. I wish there is gravy for their beef bowl.

As for their salmon bowl… Well, it had never been my favourite. At first I thought their salmon was served sashimi-style - I thought they put raw salmon in it. Turned out to be fried salmon with mayo.

Well, fried salmon is no different

from other fried fish fingers. Therefore, I think the salmon bowl is really ordinary.

The miso soup is quite salty though. I don’t really enjoy the miso soup but I do love the chanwan mushi. Egg steamed to perfection, topped with mushroom! Hmm… I can’t think of anything that can get better than that!

Yoshinoya is a self-service restaurant.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72707777841131/k2311a0727/7.27.09