Whole Foods (Las Vegas)  » Shopping  »
8855 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89117
  • But how can I love and curse it at the same time
  • And boy, will you find some delicious stuff that will make your fat cells swell with happiness
  • I remember going there one day and finding flat peaches which I bought a few pounds thinking my grandmother would just love them
  • They were expensive, but I thought it was well worth it knowing how much she enjoyed them and knowing how rare they are to find in Vegas
  • Even if you are the hot-dog-chip variety person, you can't help but be impressed by their products and once you taste their salad bar, chances are you might end up being a tree-hugging-smart-water-drinking hippie too

• by onerios13

I curse the day when someone told me about Whole Foods when I was working on Fort Apache a few years ago. I had never really been there but had heard of it now and then from friends who were really into the healthy lifestyle and thought this place should be made into a shrine for anyone who ever loved tofu and running. But when a friend took me there to try their salad bar, I fell instantly in love with this gigantic mega-health store and have loved it ever since.

But how can I love and curse it at the same time? Well, it’s simple. I love it because it is one of the best grocery stores I have ever been to in terms of products and foods, and I curse it because you also have to have the wallet capacity of Bill Gates to get everything you want out of that place. Just browsing their bath and body section stirs up more lust in me than any Hollywood hunk, and to date I have never

found a better body gel than their Jasmine and Sandalwood bath gel. I just love all their combination and not only in the bath gel. They have natural shampoos and conditioners as well as toothpaste and facial scrubs. In fact everything they have there is made of all natural ingredients so you’ll be hard pressed to find anything unhealthy there…that is until you go to their bakery. And boy, will you find some delicious stuff that will make your fat cells swell with happiness!

But their salad bar is what takes the cake. It’s made of three bars and has everything from beans, to fruit, to all kinds of salads. My favorite is to pile on the spinach leaves topped with feta cheese and then drowned in mandarin oranges. And they also have shredded chicken and every olive known to mankind as well as salad pastas groaning with spices and yummy seasonings. They offer take home cardboard boxes that you can fill to the brim and they charge by the pound, so it’s not that hard to ...

• walk away with a twelve dollar salad in your bag. But honestly, it is worth every single bite. But that’s why although I love going there and getting that kind of salad, I can rarely do that as I can spend my entire week’s groceries on just stuff like that.

But if you’re into the whole health food lifestyle, then this is your Mecca. They offer everything from cereals to sodas made from natural fruit sugars to bath and body products, but what really impresses me is their fruit section. I remember going there one day and finding flat peaches which I bought a few pounds thinking my grandmother would just love them. And she did. In fact, she was amazed they even had them as they are from a region in Beijing and she remembered eating them when she was a little girl. Since that time, she has yet to find a place that sold them so when I brought them home, she was in heaven and ate almost every one of them. They were expensive,

but I thought it was well worth it knowing how much she enjoyed them and knowing how rare they are to find in Vegas.

But that’s why I love this store. You’re always surprised at the vast variety and astonished by the quality of their merchandise. I just wish they had a discount version of this store somewhere because I swear that I’d do all my grocery shopping there if I could. I just love going into a store that I know is socially responsible as well as eco-friendly as they are. But what amazes me the most is the freshness of everything they have. You just know that whatever you put in your mouth, body or hair, that this is all quality stuff made from Mother Nature herself…well, except the bakery. But honestly, if you’ve never been to one, please go check it out. Even if you are the hot-dog-chip variety person, you can’t help but be impressed by their products and once you taste their salad bar, chances are you might end up being a tree-hugging-smart-water-drinking hippie too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 242607776770131/k2311a0726/7.26.09