Friday the 13th  » Movies  »
2.0
  • I like slasher movies and thought, regardless of the above, it would be a good one
  • I think this might actually be the case with the original too since it obviously isn't memorable

• by Steve

My wife and I rented the remake of the movie Friday the 13th and didn’t know what to expect from it. I figured it would be roughly the same as the original but, shortly after starting it, I realized I don’t remember a thing about the original and couldn’t really compare the two movies.

I like

slasher movies and thought, regardless of the above, it would be a good one.

I was wrong.

I think this might actually be the case with the original too since it obviously isn’t memorable.

But, the plot of the movie really doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

We learn a little bit about Jason but ...

• not enough about him where his rise from the dead makes any sort of sense.

He obviously is obsessed with his dead mom since he keeps her severed head and kidnaps a girl that looks just like her.

But, no explanation as to why he stalks down people who are doing nothing to him and had

nothing to do with his death.

The ending of this movie is the worst.

They dump his body into the lake and he comes back to life.

OK, why are they dumping his body? All their friends are brutally murdered.

Don’t you think you would want the body of the killer so you aren’t blamed?

Dumb movie and a big disappointment.

Friday the 13th

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112607776481231/k2311a0726/7.26.09