Clearasil Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • My regular skincare routine usually consists of using AcneFree products twice a day, but I was running out of my acne treatment cream, so I decided to try a different brand
  • That acne treatment does nothing to help my acne, and instead, I think it has caused more acne
  • I know that when you switch skincare products, you usually have to wait a few weeks for it to start being effective
  • I am really disappointed with this product, especially after all the good things I've heard about Clearasil
  • I would not recommend this product to anyone

• by Kelairyy

My regular skincare routine usually consists of using AcneFree products twice a day, but I was running out of my acne treatment cream, so I decided to try a different brand. I had heard from my friends that Clearasil had a really good facial moisturizer, but I still had a lot of my moisturizer to finish, so I decided to try their acne treatment instead. Boy was that a mistake! That acne treatment does nothing to help my acne, and instead, I think it has caused more acne.

The Clearasil acne treatment cream has 10% benzoyl peroxide which is what helps rid skin of acne. However, this treatment doesn’t help my skin at all. I know that when you switch skincare products, you usually have to wait a few weeks for it to start being effective. This is because your skin isn’t used to it, so in the beginning it might cause more acne, but that is really just your skin “purifying” itself and getting all

the nasty stuff out; that comes in the form of pimples. But after a while, it should get better and start to clear up. However, this acne cream is one of the worst I have used! Other acne creams may have not worked, but at least they never did anything to make my acne worse. I have tried Neutrogena and Clean and Clear as well as AcneFree. Neutrogena and Clean and Clear both didn’t really help my skin, but they never made it worse. They just helped my acne to stay the same I guess. I didn’t break out more than usual when using those products, unlike with the Clearasil acne treatment. I think the Clearasil treatment actually makes my acne worse. It is not too much that it would be really noticeable, but the acne on my skin does seem to have gotten to be a little worse to me. When using AcneFree, my skin used to almost rid of acne, with just one or ...

• two on my forehead, but now, I have more than one or two. Luckily, it is not too noticeable or red or anything. However, I am really annoyed because this made my skin worse! There is more than I remember, and it does completely the opposite of what I want it to do on my skin which is to HEAL my acne, not make it worse! I am really disappointed with this product, especially after all the good things I’ve heard about Clearasil. This may work on other people with a different skin type, but it definitely doesn’t work on me. I have combination skin and usually only break out a little on my forehead, and this acne treatment is doing nothing to help.

It is also kind of drying because of the 10% benzoyl peroxide. I have to put on more moisturizer than I normally would because a lot of times my skin starts getting really dry that you can definitely tell because it starts

to flake. This is really annoying because my skin doesn’t usually flake. In the beginning when I first started using this product, I still used the same amount of moisturizer. Then, during the day, I’d look in the mirror to see parts of my face like near my eyebrows, getting really dry and flaky. And I don’t carry moisturizer around, so I had to go throughout the day with my skin looking really dry. Now I have to use a lot more moisturizer or else my skin will look awful, all dry with more pimples than usual. Definitely not what I want, unfortunately.

I am definitely not repurchasing this product again. It doesn’t help my skin at all; instead, it is actually causing me to break out a little more and makes my skin really dry on the areas that I use it on. I might not even finish the tube because it isn’t doing my skin much good. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Clearasil Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312607776441231/k2311a0726/7.26.09