Salzburg Casltle Travel  » Travel  »
Salzburg, Austria
  • The ticket will cost us around 15 euros for 4 persons
  • There was a small coffee shop who sold croissant bread, and it tasted very delicious
  • I bought some shirt with sign “There is no Kangaroo is Austria”
  • It was a very interesting journey, the city of Music

• by milia

I went to this castle twice, at the year 2005 and 2006. It was a worth place to visit for me, so I can not refuse when my colleague ask me to go there at second time. Both of my journeys to this castle were started of my trip to Munich, Germany at both years.

To reach this castle from Munich, simply we can use Weekend ticket from Hauptbahnhof Munich Central Station. We can get cheaper price at the weekend, because Bavarian / Munich local administration usually encouraged people to travel at weekend, instead of stay in their home. The ticket will cost us around 15 euros for 4 persons. In this occoasion I will tell my impression at my first travel to Salzburg for the first time I went there at 2005. I went to the Munich central station with my 2 colleagues early morning, to catch up 9 am train. We use regional express train. Actually were quite tired at that time because we just arrived from Venice Italy, but we though that we have to spent our vacation time efficiently before go back to our home country.

The train started its journey on time at 9 am from Munich Central Station, heading east direction.

It took 3 hours from Munich to Salzburg Central Station, crossing the Germany – Austrian border. Along the way, we had several time stop at local stations. We saw a very fantastic view at Austrian border. There was a group of mountains along the way, which many snow at the top. We show also a beautiful farm and grass land, just like they were maintained well every day. We also saw some horses and cow at the farm. We took many pictures of the nature view we saw along the way.

After we arrived at the Salzburg Central Station, we felt very hungry. We bought some bread at the coffee shop in the station. There was a small coffee shop who sold croissant bread, and it tasted very delicious. After had a breakfast, we went to tourist information center in the station. We got many information about the bus route map and castle information for about 2 euros. The information was very clear and easy to follow so we did not have any difficulties to go to the castle.

We change bus once at one bus stop, and before we take the next bus we had our pictures in the front of Salzburg city. Salzburg was a ...

• fine and very nice city. It was devided by Salzach river, a wide and clean river. We had also our photos in front of Sound of Music Movie scene location, located near the river. We were amazed with the beauty of the Salzburg city. The journey was continued by walk, after we stop in the last bus stop. We walk through many merchandise shop to the castle which was located on the top of the hill. Sometime we stop by at the merchandise shop to see the price of key holders and shirt. The way to the castle actually was design through many stairways for the tourist. Actually there was a road to the castle but no public transportation to go the castle. At some point we had some rest, because it was a very exhausted journey.

When we almost reach the castle, there was a festival market there where we find many merchandise with a very cheap price. I bought some shirt with sign “There is no Kangaroo is Austria”. Some people usually misspell Austria with Australia. I bought also some decorated dishes and key holders for my colleagues in my home country.

After about 1 hour walk we finally reached the castle. The castle was

quite old but still looked maintained well. From outside, we see that the castle built also as a strong fortress. In the castle we can see many rooms, such as bed room and dining room. There was also a torture room for the prisoners inside the castle. In the exhibition room we can found armor dress, weapon and the miniature of the castle. We can also see many paintings, completely describing the history of this castle. There were also many battle equipments such as shield, revolver, gun a cannon. It took one full day to explore the whole rooms of this castle. Form the top of the castle we can see how wonderful the city of Salzburg was. The city was arranged very careful with buildings and houses located at its correct place. The river of Salzach which devided the city even gave more elegant view from the top.

At the ground floor near the exit floor there was an official merchandise shop from Salzburg castle. If we look at the quality of the product compared to the one in the shop outside the castle, the quality is better, even with a higher price. We bought again some merchandise here. It was a very interesting journey, the city of Music.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382607775701131/k2311a0726/7.26.09