Turkey Hill Mojito-flavored Green Tea
4.3
  • I thought for certain that the flavor would be very watery and bland
  • But I was having a problem really tasting the hint of mint
  • I think the green tea was really supposed to have the “essence” of the mint and lime
  • You can definitely detect a difference between this one and the regular green tea variety
  • I would recommend this tea to those who are trying to watch their blood pressure or sugar intake

• by Famous

I have been drinking green tea for quite a while. But I have been drawn to the Sobe variety. When I strolled through my local supermarket, I was surprised to see that Turkey Hill had a mojito flavor.

Mojitos are alcoholic cocktails that are flavored with lime and mint. When you really think about it, these are the perfect accessories for any kind of iced tea.

In any case, these

half-gallon jugs sell for about $1. 50 each and have about 70 calories per serving.

This I read on the back of the container, because I wanted to make sure that this wasn’t a diet flavor. Most green teas that are artificially flavored have at least 90 to 100 calories per serving, and you can really tell when you taste it because of its sweetness.

I was surprised when I tasted the Turkey ...

• Hill Mojito tea and realized how sweet it actually is. I thought for certain that the flavor would be very watery and bland.

I liked the hint of lime. But I was having a problem really tasting the hint of mint.

I think the green tea was really supposed to have the “essence” of the mint and lime. But I did expect to taste a bit more.

You can

definitely detect a difference between this one and the regular green tea variety. But I wished there were more distinct flavors.

I should also add that upon adding ice, the tea flavor dissipates quickly. It’s best to either drink it quickly or merely chilled.

I would recommend this tea to those who are trying to watch their blood pressure or sugar intake. It’s a refreshing drink that doesn’t leave too much of an aftertaste.

Kate says :

where can I buy this?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272507775540131/k2311a0725/7.25.09