Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince  » Movies  »
2.0
  • This is why when a book you had read had been turned into a movie, more often than not, you get disappointed by the movie
  • Aside from the fact that I also enjoyed reading the 6th book of Harry Potter
  • Of course, I wouldn't expect all that was written the book to fit in a two-hour movie, but I think there are some vital parts that are missing

• by marielle

Why is it that books are always better than movies? A colleague explained that because in books, you visualize what is happening based from your own perceptions. You have a control on the scene, hence, you can create scenes according to your own imagination. This is why when a book you had read had been turned into a movie, more often than not, you get disappointed by the movie. And this was what happened in the book 6 of Harry Potter.

Being a fan of Harry Potter, I am one of those who owned the whole Harry Potter book series. I had also watched all five Harry Potter movies, and I would not have anticipated the 6th movie if I didn’t like

the first five movies. But all of them were good movies that was why I had high expectations on the 6th movie. Aside from the fact that I also enjoyed reading the 6th book of Harry Potter. I didn’t know that I was in for a big disappointment.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was the 6th book of Harry Potter. If I didn’t read the book first, I am sure I would not understand the story very much. There are a lot of scenes from the book that were missing on the movie. Of course, I wouldn’t expect all that was written the book to fit in a two-hour movie, but I think there are some vital parts that are missing. Even at the very start of the movie, there are some questions left unanswered. The movie started with Malfoy’s mother going to Snape and asking Snape to protect Malfoy, in doing so, they had performed the unbreakable vow. Even my friend who was with me when I watched this movie asked who was the lady, given the fact that she had watched all the previous Harry Potter movies. I think I would ask the same thing had I not read the book.

Even the title does not fit the movie. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - but the half blood prince was not given enough emphasis on the movie. In fact, it was just the book belonging to the ...

• Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince
      half blood prince that was seen in the movie, and Snape mentioning that he is the half blood prince when Harry tried to use a spell that he found written on the book against Snape. In the Harry Potter book, it was explained why Snape called himself the half blood prince, but in the movie, there was no explanation whatsoever.

Unlike the previous Harry Potter movies, this one will not make you sit at the edge of your seat. Not enough action. Not enough adventure. Even the love story between Harry and Ginny, and Ron and Hermione will leave you asking for more. I was expecting more adventures this time, more mystery solving on Harry’s part, but there was none. And of

course, Dumbledore dying made me sad.

The movie is way below my expectations. In fact before I watched the movie, I already heard negative comments about it. But I wouldn’t miss watching it for anything, so I went and watched the movie. The funny thing was that after the lights had been turned on again and the credits were being shown, my friend and I just can’t stand up yet. We cannot believe that the movie was already finished. Even when the people started to get out, we were still hoping that the movie is not finished yet, that there will be more. But of course, there was none. It was very disappointing. I hope the last one will be much better.

Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince
Kumar says :

It is always tuff to present complete story of book like harry potter in Movie. Harry Potter book gives good thrill while reading than watching in movie, That’s way still book so popular.

Katherine says :

Of course books will be better because they are detailed and you actually have the time to picture the story, but I believe movies tried to do their best. They left some key moments outside and changed the plot of the story a bit but this movie was very good It gave me butterflies when I watched it because they were all so grown up, in loved and this was the first time I watched the living personification of Dumbledore talking about horcruxes and it was the exact movie when tone was dark and it stayed dark, and mysterious. The movie was dangerous and not so innocent. I enjoyed seeing all these changes between Ron and Hermione, Harry and Giny, and how Malfoy crossed the line and just story changed forever. I left the cinema quite pleased, and sad because the end of the saga was coming.

Majid says :

First I’m a really big fan of Harry Potter series I have seen every single movie and read all books. I grew up as the harry grew. But this wasn’t that good, story is not so enjoyable but still not bad. They could have make it a bit better with a more thrilling story..

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112507775430131/k2311a0725/7.25.09