Chegg.com  » Web sites  »
  • Actually, you rent them for a fraction of the cost and then return them once done

• by jennrenai

www.chegg.com is an excellent site to buy textbooks from. Actually, you rent them for a fraction of the cost and then return them once done. I just recently heard about this site from a co-worker of mine and wished I had heard about it years ago.

This site has saved me

hundreds of dollars so far. A textbook that might cost me $190.00 from my school bookstore might only cost $60.00 at Chegg. You choose if you want to keep the book for the quarter, semester, or summer and then return it in the box you received it in for free.

Not ...

• only do you save money by renting the book, but Chegg plants a tree every time you rent, buy, or sell a book with them. I have spent several years buying textbooks and them selling them back but have not received much of a buyback price. Renting through Chegg is a
        much cheaper way to go.

If you plan on keeping your books for future reference, you can still buy from Chegg instead of renting. I haven’t checked into the buying portion of it too much but I am fairly sure it is still cheaper than going through a school bookstore. Plus, they plant a tree.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 202507775420131/k2311a0725/7.25.09