Kodak EasyShare C530 camera
  • My favourite aunt purchased it for me in 2006 after a difficult summer in New York
  • I can turn on and off the flash as I like
  • In terms of my recommendation, I admit it is probably not the best or fanciest camera out there, but if you purchase one you will not regret your decision

• by Rashida Chinue Blake

I will forever have a sentimental attachment to my Kodak EasyShare C530. It may not be the most sophisticated or feature packed digital camera on the market. However, I have had it for three years now, and don’t have any intentions of changing it any time soon. This is the first digital camera I have ever owned. My favourite aunt purchased it for me in 2006 after a difficult summer in New York. The camera brought me much needed happiness at the time. It also put on record the moments of happiness I had thereafter. I have hundreds of pictures that reflect good times I had with family and friends. I also use it to track my various interests. These pictures are

then uploaded to my blog and various social network profiles I own.

The camera may not be suitable for professional shots, but I am quite satisfied with using it for my social purposes. I am able to zoom in for close up and clearer shots. I am able to set the timer which allows me a reasonable amount of time to take self shots, especially when no one is around to assist. I can turn on and off the flash as I like. I am even able to adjust the lighting when taking pictures without flash. I can turn on and off the preview screen. I can also make videos. The only concern is that the videos do not contain sound or ...

• effective lighting. The Kodak EasyShare C530 is also lightweight, small, compact, and fits nicely in any bag or purse I carry along with me to an outing. The camera has even experienced a few drops, and still worked without hindrance.

Although it doesn’t store many pictures without a memory card, it does have a slot that facilitates the use of one. Once I purchased my memory card I was able to store up to a thousand pictures on the camera easily. The camera also comes with a USB cord and a CD containing the Kodak EasyShare software. This program allows me to download pictures to my computer. I can store an endless supply of pictures on the software. I can also edit and

visually enhance my pictures with the program. All I had to do was load the software once and I was in. After I loaded the software, any time I wanted to download pictures from my camera, all I had to do was connect the camera to my computer using the USB cord. The software then automatically opened and the pictures automatically loaded. From there, I could select the ones I wanted on my system and save them in a specific folder.

I am happy and proud to own this camera. In terms of my recommendation, I admit it is probably not the best or fanciest camera out there, but if you purchase one you will not regret your decision. I know I certainly didn’t.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 432507775390131/k2311a0725/7.25.09