Viejas Casino  » Casino  »
5000 Willows Road, Alpine, CA 91901
  • In my experience the slot machines here come with reasonably good odds
  • Viejas is a definitely a fun filled place
  • I find and recommend it as a viable gaming option in California especially if you are at San Diego

• by uselist

I am a regular visitor of Viejas casino that is located at just twenty minutes drive from San Diego downtown. I mostly turn up there once in a month for playing blackjack and slots. Located near the freeway it is very easy to find and readily accessible. I feel Viejas as if it is one of the Vegas like casinos. There are sufficient low limit table games here. All types of blackjack, poker varieties and slot machines from all limits are my usual favorites.

Occasionally I sit at Roulette tables also. There is also a huge bingo room. However I could not find any hold ‘em table.

Blackjack rules are good. However they are not attractive as blackjack rules at Barona.

Viejas is fit for low limit plays which you cannot easily get at Barona. In my experience the slot machines here come with reasonably good odds. Another added attraction with Viejas is the factory outlet centre near the street. This makes Viejas an ideal place to go gaming and shopping at one shot. The shopping mall also hosts spectacular laser shows too.

In addition to this there are regular concerts inside the casino. Viejas player’s card was generous to send me once a free concert ticket. This adds to my Vegas like experience ...

• here. I have also got match play coupons here. There are also all types of dining options.

They house fast food counters to steak houses. Buffet rates are very economic and are comparable to Vegas rates. Quality of the food is not much to be excited about. However it is a good value for money. The dishes are of all varieties and perfect for a weekend lunch.

Viejas is a definitely a fun filled place. Witty dealers and caring waitresses make the entire experience pleasant. I have lost many bucks here. But I haven’t felt bored at Viejas for single time. Viejas offered me free cocktails.

Not

all casinos in California do that. Parking was very easy. But on some weekends many people come here for shopping alone, making the parking lot a crowded area. I have also seen buses going to and fro from downtown to the casino. This attracts lot of tourists here.

Viejas casino is one casino that is very close to my heart and one I patronize a lot. It is definitely at par with many casinos at Las Vegas. I find and recommend it as a viable gaming option in California especially if you are at San Diego. This is also a place you can spend time worthy even if you don’t gamble a lot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 482507775040131/k2311a0725/7.25.09