Aleve pain reliever medicine  » Medicine  »
  • I had no idea that all these years I’ve been using Aleve and not noticed it until recently
  • There are several things about Aleve that I like
  • The best part is that it’s suppose to be very good for arthritis and it comes in gel cap form

• by Liberty

I’ve seen Aleve in drug stores, Wal-Mart and Target stores all the time. I recognize the name but I had no idea I was using it until I looked in my medicine cabinet. It was next to the Advil bottle and the two sort of look alike. I had no idea that all these years I’ve been using Aleve and not noticed it until recently. Aleve is an over the counter pain relief medicine that is suppose to be fast-acting and works with all pains and aches.

There are several things about Aleve that I like. I like that it comes in different sizes, as in different

size pills and number of pills. The smaller size containers are better for traveling because they can easily be packed away. Aleve is a well known brand so they’re products are easy to find, and because their pills are so small they’re easy to swallow. I find that Aleve works great with all pains and aches, even toothaches and cramps. Aleve works fast and there’s no strange smell to it. It’s nothing like Advil or the other over the counter pain relievers because Aleve isn’t formulated with the same active ingredients. Aleve’s active pain relieving ingredient is one that is used in prescription pain relievers. I also ...

• like that it doesn’t contain caffeine because caffeine makes my heart race. It also doesn’t contain codeine which is something I’m allergic to. The best part is that it’s suppose to be very good for arthritis and it comes in gel cap form. The pain relief lasts quite a long time too, nearly all day.

There are some downsides to Aleve too. I don’t like that the regular pills, although small, goes down best with water because it’s so dry and has hard edges. It tastes like medicine but the gel caps have no taste. It can’t be taken with other meds, so mixing. Aleve can’t be

taken with aspirin or cold and allergy drugs, it also doesn’t can’t be used with ibuprofen or any drug that has an active ingredient that is ibuprofen. If you’re like me and have asthma it’s not a good product to use either because it can cause problems. Something I didn’t know until I read the fine print. I only recently started using my inhaler again.

Overall Aleve is the best over the counter pain reliever medicine that I’ve come across. Of course because it works so fast and because it’s not made like other pain relievers it’s important to read the warnings and consult with your doctor, especially if you have asthma.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262507774911231/k2311a0725/7.25.09