Sesame Street  » Movies  »
  • As a kid I used to love watching Sesame Street, somewhere along the way I thought I outgrew it
  • I noticed that they had added Elmo's World to the show
  • It's a part of the show that answers questions kids often ask and I love it
  • I just hope that it stays long enough for my grandchildren to experience the same joy that it has brought me and my children

• by green eyed angel

As a kid I used to love watching Sesame Street, somewhere along the way I thought I outgrew it. It wasn’t until I had kids of my own that I realized you never get too old to watch Sesame Street!

While trying to find something to entertain my daughter one day (with the benefit of cable or those annoying noise making toys) I stumbled across Sesame Street on the local PBS station. Well, I figured it was just right for her, so I left it.

I wasn’t expecting to fall in love with it all over again but I did.

The Count is still counting everything he can, and I’m hoping that he’ll teach my baby to count. Cookie Monster is still on the never ending search for cookies, and that’s Ok too.

I noticed that they had added Elmo’s World to the show. Elmo is an adorable little monster that will never grow up in Sesame Street land. It’s a part of the show that answers questions kids often ask ...

• and I love it.

As I watch Sesame Street with my daughter I am easily transported back to a more innocent time. I can only hope that my darling daughter doesn’t express the same sadness with her favorite Sesame Street residents that I did way back when. I’ll never forget the episode where they had to explain to Big Bird that Mr. Hooper wouldn’t be coming back. While it was a good thing to help all of us little ones deal with it at the

time, watching Big Bird get sad was enough to make us cry.

Any show that make even the most cynical of grown ups believe in a world where magic happens, wishes come true and muppets are real is a world I want to live in. I have to give one of my all time favorite kids shows for kids of all ages a 10. I just hope that it stays long enough for my grandchildren to experience the same joy that it has brought me and my children.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112407774420131/k2311a0724/7.24.09