Loreal Gentle Eye Makeup remover
  • I bought this eye makeup remover after being totally disappointed by the one from Clarins
  • I thought this was good enough and thus bought this to try instead
  • I have used an emulsion from The Face Shop before and that remover is by far the best that i've used
  • Comparatively, this Loreal product is so much better and at such an affordable cost too

• by cHip

I bought this eye makeup remover after being totally disappointed by the one from Clarins. According to my friend’s recommendation, this one removes eyeliner effectively too - which is honestly the winning point for me.

I’ve tried several eye makeup removers before and this one can be considered one of the better ones out in the market. Not only is this product cheap, it is pretty effective as well.

It’s a solution but not

an emulsion. There is another eye and lip makeup remover from Loreal which comes in an emulsion. I thought this was good enough and thus bought this to try instead.

True enough, it removes eyeliner effectively. A few swipes across the eyelid and the eyeliner is removed! With mascara, it takes a little more time though. Perhaps because the mascara is really waterproof, hence it does not get that easily cleaned off.

I ...

• have used an emulsion from The Face Shop before and that remover is by far the best that i’ve used. It’s gentle on the eyes yet it removes eye makeup very effectively. This Loreal product is equally gentle on the eyes(contains Pro Vitamin B5) but it honestly doesn’t remove the makeup as well as those with emulsion. I guess that’s because the oil makes it easier for the makeup to come off.

Nonetheless,

I am very satisfied with this product as it is a definite improvement over the Clarins eye makeup remover that I was using previously. Not only does the Clarins remover not remove my makeup, the constant swabbing makes my eyes tired and dry too. Comparatively, this Loreal product is so much better and at such an affordable cost too! I got this product at about $10 SGD only! It is definitely a Great buy.

Donna Tilley says :

I am writing concerning your loreal eyeliner — I have used the liquid eyeliner for 7 years and never had a problem. In the last two months, I have been to the eye doctor twice because your eyeliner has burned and left red marks on my eye lids. At first we thought it was just a simple problem maybe old make up being sold, so I purchased new and it did the same thing. It is horrible it leaves a red line where you apply it and then it blisters and peels, have you changed this formula in the past few months. That is the only thing my Doctor can figure out that has happened. Please response to this request. I did really like you eye liner liquid form. but can not longer use it. Donna Tilley

Donna B says :

I have the EXACT same situation I have used the Loreal waterproof liquid eyeliner for approximately 7 years also..and loved the eyeliner. Then, I bought some new eyerliner of the same type and it has done the exact same thing to my eyes as the complaintant Donna Tilley. My eyes become red and swollen within hours. Then they start itching and where the eyeliner wasd on my eyes it blisters and then gets crusty and starts peeling. I have been to the opthamologist three times. It took a while to figure out what was causing it as I had never had problems before. Something has had to have changed inthe formula. I went without using it for about two months and then tried it again two days ago and now I am having to go through the same thing all over again. What have you done to my eyeliner??

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312407774410131/k2311a0724/7.24.09