BlackBerry Pearl (8130)  » Phones  »
  • As someone who got a BlackBerry precisely because I need to be constantly connected to the internet and available for work, this is a HUGE problem
  • I would be open to getting another BlackBerry, but would definitely want to know it's actually a smartphone, rather than a forgetfulphone

• by MoreThanMost

I’ve had the BlackBerry Pearl (8130 model) for close to two years, and am counting down the days until it’s time to get a new phone for free from my wireless provider! This will be the first time I don’t hang on to a

cell phone well past the point of obsolescence.

Overall, the phone has tons of awesome, highly useful features: cool applications (most used: the Google Maps app), really loud ringer options, an incredibly clear camera, smart typing….

BUT it often erases all my messages! Sometimes before I even get them!!! All of a sudden, my texts, emails, and missed calls disappear! (I think this has something to do with taking pictures or sending pictures, but also maybe not.) As someone who got a BlackBerry precisely because I need to ...

• BlackBerry Pearl (8130)
      be constantly connected to the internet and available for work, this is a HUGE problem!

Everyone I’ve ever met with this phone loves it, but they also seem to have the same problem and just not really care about it. The guys at

the phone store are very much not helpful, and the phone-based customer support has repeatedly redirected me to the guys in the store.

I would be open to getting another BlackBerry, but would definitely want to know it’s actually a smartphone, rather than a forgetfulphone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372407774211231/k2311a0724/7.24.09