Lowes Home Improvement Center  » Business  »
0.5
3601 Crater Lake Hwy Medford OR
  • I love working on my house and doing gardening so I decided it was finally time to get a credit card for one of the home improvement centers
  • I had a few other things on my list but I decided just to go back to Grants Pass, where I live, and pay cash for the items because I just couldn't stand the treatment anymore
  • She said my card was messed up and that was the problem
  • I told her the card was new, which she could see by the issue date on it and that if it was messed up it was because she'd run it through the machine twenty times

• by KJ hamnik

Three years ago I was working for a big restaurant chain as a manager and had quite a good income. I love working on my house and doing gardening so I decided it was finally time to get a credit card for one of the home improvement centers. I chose Lowes because of the wide variety of tools, wares and gardening supplies.

It takes about twenty minutes to get to Lowes from my house so it’s not a trip that I take very lightly — in other words I can’t just go there everyday when something is wrong or I get the wrong thing. I really depended on the people who work their to help me get it right the first time.

I had a lot of hope for Lowes but a couple of things have happened that just aren’t right. First, my friend and I went there to get paint for my bedroom and a panel for her bathroom along with some other things. We had a hard time finding help for the bathroom paneling and

we finally did find someone to help us. The guy actually cussed. He wasn’t cussing at us, he was cussing about his job. I was appalled that he talked like that in front of cutomers. I sort of brushed him off and went on to find the paint.

The girl at the paint counter wasn’t that much help either. The entire time she was mixing the paint she was on the phone with someone else dealing with their problems. It was very rude of her not to tell the person on the phone that she was with a customer — we could hear her conversation and she never once told the person on the phone that she was with a customer.

At this point we were done. I had a few other things on my list but I decided just to go back to Grants Pass, where I live, and pay cash for the items because I just couldn’t stand the treatment anymore. At the cash out stand, my friend was standing ...

• there uncomfortably holding this huge bathroom panel and no one even asked if they could get us one of those big carts. Then the cashier asked how much the item was. That’s silly. Of course we knew how much it was, but shouldn’t she have looked it up or something? It was a terrible experience.

The next and last time I went to Lowes it was to pay my credit card bill. I didn’t want the payment to be late so I drove down there to pay it in person. Well they couldn’t get my debit card to run because their machine was so old it couldn’t read my card. It costs money to pay the bill on the phone — a so-called courtesy payment fee. I don’t see the courtesy in that at all.

This stupid woman kept running my debit card through the machine over and over again doing who knows what kind of damage to the card until finally I told her to stop it. Obviousely there’s something wrong

with the machine, I told her. She said my card was messed up and that was the problem. I told her the card was new, which she could see by the issue date on it and that if it was messed up it was because she’d run it through the machine twenty times.

I asked the manager if she couldn’t just enter the numbers manually and she told me that she didn’t have permission to do that. I was so angry. Finally I just took my card away from them and went out to my car to call customer service on my cell phone. After I complained for ten minutes about the way I’d been treated they finally agreed to take the payment without charging me for it.

I’m never going to Lowes again, they are rude and presumptious and down right terrible business people. I hope people will save their gas and their money and go somewhere else locally instead of driving all the way down to Lowes. It’s a terrible company.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 412407774081231/k2311a0724/7.24.09