Equaline Antacid Chewable Tablets  » Medicine  »
3.8
  • I think it's silly that antacids have citric acid in them -- if I ate an orange I would be in so much stomach pain I would probably cry
  • They taste the best and don't contain citric acid

• by KJ hamnik

I spend a ton of money on hearburn relief because I’m trying to find some kind of medicine that will stop the heartburn and not taste terrible or make me sick to my stomach. The chewable that I use most is the Equaline brand of chewable antacids. I buy it because it’s less expensive than the name brand tablets and they work and taste exactly the same as Tums brand.

I think it’s silly that antacids have citric acid in them — if

I ate an orange I would be in so much stomach pain I would probably cry. This is the main reason why I stopped using Rolaids brand and started using the Tums and then the Equaline. They taste okay and they aren’t chalky at all. Sometimes they are a little bit strong in flavor though.

If I could talk to the Equaline company I would request that they seperate the flavors so that I could just get the orange ones. They ...

• taste the best and don’t contain citric acid. Regarless of the flavor these chewables work really well for mild heartburn and of course, being a chewable they work immediately.

Sometimes I have to use the chewable while I’m waiting for the pill to work and I haven’t had any problems with this either. I’ve asked my doctor if it’s okay to do this and he said it was fine but wished that I would just take the prescription everyday.

There’s no way

I can afford the prescription so I’m going to continue taking OTC medicine. I trust the Equaline brand even if some of the flavors aren’t that great. I have offered Equaline to others when they’ve had heartburn. The biggest response I get is that they’re not chalky and that seems to be more important to most people than the flavor.

I’m basically happy with the Equaline chewables - I just wish I could get only one flavor and I wish they would last longer.

Carol says :

where can I buy them?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262407774071231/k2311a0724/7.24.09