Apex Communications  » Cellular services  »
1.5
3120-11666 Steveston Highway, Richmond, BC, Canada
  • I needed a phone that made texting easy, with a QWERTY keyboard, and I did not want a Blackberry-I didn’t need one, and I was not prepared to pay the price that they cost

• by Jessie Bahrey

I was attempting to purchase a new phone from a Telus Mobility dealer, because my contract had run out some time ago, and I wanted to see what my options for both plans and phones were. I say ‘attempting’ because, as it turns out, it was practically impossible at the first store I went to- Apex Communications, in Ironwood Mall in Richmond, BC.

I had already done my research and knew what type of phone I wanted and also what plan I needed. Armed with all the information already, it should have been a no-brainer for the salesperson, but it turned out to be entirely too confusing for him.

When I walked into the store, I went right away to

the cell phones on display. I needed a phone that made texting easy, with a QWERTY keyboard, and I did not want a Blackberry-I didn’t need one, and I was not prepared to pay the price that they cost. I also wanted a phone that was under $100, preferably around $50, as the free ones did not have the features I wanted, and I knew the plan that worked for me too. When the salesperson asked me if I needed help, I pretty much explained what I wanted and what I already had researched online. I had narrowed the phone I wanted down to two models. I asked to look at the two models, but instead of taking them ...

• out of the display case to let me play with them, he took out the Blackberry and was trying to show it to me. I said, emphatically so there was not confusion, that I did not want a Blackberry, but he didn’t listen. I said, again emphatically, that I wanted to see the LG Keybo. He told me that it was not a smart phone, or a Blackberry, and I replied, trying not to be impatient, I do not want a smart phone or Blackberry. Finally, he showed me the phone I wanted to see, but after much wasted time and completely making me angry.

I had determined which phone I wanted, and I wanted to ask about plans. I

described the plan that I had seen on line, and that I was entitled to. I also knew that there was an additional deal as a loyal Telus customer for over 10 years, so I asked him, very simply, how this plan could work with unlimited texting. He kept on quoting me a different plan, and was either unwilling or unable to talk about the plan that I was trying to get. I ended up leaving without purchasing the phone, and ended up buying the phone I wanted and getting the plan I wanted at another store, and that took only 10 minutes at the most. Apex Communications needs better training for its salespeople, or they will continue to loose good customers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 222407774041231/k2311a0724/7.24.09