Pizza 73  » Restaurants  »
1.5
Phone orders in Calgary: 403-273-7373
  • I had never tried their pizza before this experience, and I am unlikely to have it again

• by Jessie Bahrey

Our office occasionally orders in lunch for everyone, and this past week, our receptionist decided to order from Pizza 73, which is a well-known and popular pizza restaurant in Calgary. I had never tried their pizza before this experience, and I am unlikely to have it again.

The office had a copy of a delivery menu, so I looked through it. Everyone decided on the kind of pizza they wanted, and we were going to order some chicken wings, dipping sauces and pop to go along with

the pizza. The prices looked standard to me, with combo packs from $25-$40, and pizzas from $15-$30, depending on toppings and sizes. The topping choices also seemed comparable to any other pizza place I have ordered from. I finally decided to share a small Greek pizza, with tomatoes, feta and ground beef, and we were all going to share so we could have a variety of types of pizza.

Our order came in under an hour, and we unpacked the pizza boxes. I was a bit put off ...

• by the grease that soaked through the cardboard, but I tried not to think about that. I had some wings, which were awful-just a pile of barbecue sauce dumped on overcooked chicken wings. My pizza was pretty greasy as far as take-out pizza goes, and the toppings were soaked into the crust, which was overcooked. I may be fussy about pizza since my trip to Italy, but I have had decent North American take-out pizza. The sliced tomatoes were slimy, the feta cheese and the ground beef
        were mostly in the box by the time I got the pizza, and it was less than tasty. There seemed to be few spices or herbs. I also tried the barbecue chicken pizza, and the cheese overpowered any chicken flavour. Anyway, my stomach was a bit full, but the real effects of the lunch did not hit me until a few hours later. Suffice to say, my afternoon mostly consisted of running to the washroom. Pizza 73 is not very tasty, is very greasy, and possibly is not particularly healthy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72407774021231/k2311a0724/7.24.09