Winn Dixie Traditional Family Size Tea Bags Orang Pekoe and Pekoe Cut Black Tea  » Food  »
  • Being southern I like it sweet just not syrupy

• by green eyed angel

Winn Dixie family size tea bags even though I can’t remember how much they costs do come with 24 tea bags in a box. It says you have to use one bag to get one quart of tea, this means you need four to make a gallon of tea. Or so I thought.

When my husband brought them home I checked the box and the

receipt. I just remember thinking that having to use four tea bags didn’t seem right since the last family size tea bags I used only required two. Oh well, too late once they were bought.

I put four tea bags in the water and let them boil. When they reached a boil I turned the burner down and let the bags simmer. I took my ...

• clean gallon tea pitcher and put one cup of sugar in. After ten minutes I poured the tea over into the picture and stirred it up to melt the sugar. Then I covered my tea bags in water and put them to boil again. Then I did the same thing, and reboiled the bags again until the pitcher was full.

My tea was way

too strong. Being southern I like it sweet just not syrupy. So the next time I did the whole boil, pour and boil again until the pitcher was full. Only this time I cut it back to two tea bags and my tea was perfect. I have to give the tea a 10 because you can’t tell that it’s generic when you drink it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272407773791231/k2311a0724/7.24.09