Meyer Lemon Natural Flavor Gourmet Cake Mix  » Food  »
  • I am amazed that something so simple to make can be so delicious
  • I highly recommend this mix to anyone who loves the flavor of lemon

• by vjh

Today, I purchased Meyer Lemon Gourmet Cake Mix for the first time. I hate to admit it, but it was the visual appearance of the box that caught my attention. I had no intention of purchasing a cake mix when I entered the store but this mix looked too enticing to walk by without putting it in my shopping cart.

Once I got home I wasted no time in preparing the

cake. All I had to do was open the package and I knew this was not the average cake mix in a box.

The aroma was absolutely wonderful. Not only did the fragrance of lemon wake up my senses, I could actually see lemon peel in the mix.

The kitchen was a delightful place to hang out while the cake was baking. It took a great deal of will power ...

• not to cut the cake before it cooled.

I chose not to put any type of icing on the cake because I was curious to see if it actually had the intense lemon flavor that the aroma promised. Most lemon cake mixes really don’t have a strong lemon flavor.

This cake is absolutely delicious. I am amazed that something so simple to make can be so delicious.

It only requires 3

ingredients besides the mix itself. Cooking time is less than 45 minutes.

A recipe for Meyer Lemon Curd Filling is on the outside of the box for those who wish to further tantalize their taste buds. I highly recommend this mix to anyone who loves the flavor of lemon.

This cake is a wonderful summertime dessert but would certainly get rave reviews from family or guest any time of the year.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272407773781231/k2311a0724/7.24.09