Maybelline Intense XXL Waterproof Microfiber Mascara, Very Black 561
2.5
  • After adding both, I notice that my lashes do indeed appear longer, and they do have more volume
  • The problem is that these are facilitated by clumps
  • It is definitely strong against tears, sweat drops, and the occasional face wash

• by kirbystar7

Just plain old mascara is not enough for me. I have a sad combination of short and thin lashes so I need mascara that gives me volume and length. Maybelline’s Intense XXL Waterproof Microfiber Mascara seems to promise everything that I need. The fact that it’s waterproof also helps since my eyes water during early morning lectures.

The mascara wand has two sides. The first application

is a waxy substance and the second is the familiar black mascara. After adding both, I notice that my lashes do indeed appear longer, and they do have more volume. The problem is that these are facilitated by clumps. I would not mind the clumps so much if they were closer to my eyelid, but they hang off the tips of my eyelashes and are very ...

• visible. My lashes are also no longer defined; they crisscross and clump together even though they were each their own entity before application. Now they just look sloppy. The waxy substance can also get annoying when the black substance does not cover it up completely.

The thing that this mascara manages to do is that it doesn’t run or streak off my lashes. It is definitely

strong against tears, sweat drops, and the occasional face wash. Even with my makeup remover, I have to put up a fight to get it off.

However, even with lash length and volume enhancement, this mascara just does not look very natural with all the clumps. It does what it says it’ll do, just not in a very clean manner. I’m only using it until I find better mascara.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312407773771231/k2311a0724/7.24.09