Mrs. Freshley’s Banana Pudding Cakes  » Food  »
1.0
  • Unfortunately, the banana flavor found in these pudding cakes leaves quite a lot to be desired
  • I know how delicious bananas and banana foods and desserts can taste when the right bananas are used, and this cake definitely does not feature those kinds of bananas, that is for sure
  • I most definitely will not be purchasing these cakes a second time and I do not recommend them to those that enjoy the flavor of bananas, either
  • I really do believe that you will be disappointed

• by GenesisOne

I really wanted to like Mrs. Freshley’s Banana Pudding Cakes because I really enjoy the flavor of bananas and banana desserts and foods like banana cream pie and banana bread.

Unfortunately, the banana flavor found in these pudding cakes leaves quite a lot to be desired.

The banana flavor is not rich and in fact, I find it to be rather bland and not all that representative of real, authentic banana flavor.

I know how delicious bananas and banana foods and desserts can taste when the right bananas are used, and this cake definitely does not feature those kinds of bananas, that is for sure.

The cake itself is soft and relatively moist, so that at least was good.

Unfortunately, even after I heated these cakes up in the microwave for a short while, I still did not ...

• Mrs. Freshley's Banana Pudding Cakes
      have a rich and delightful treat that could remind me of bananas.

Heat can help to bring additional taste to the surface of the cake, but not this time around, apparently.

Apparently, there is not sufficient enough banana flavor to be found in the cake for

the heat to bring the flavor out and into the open.

I most definitely will not be purchasing these cakes a second time and I do not recommend them to those that enjoy the flavor of bananas, either.

I really do believe that you will be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272407773641131/k2311a0724/7.24.09