Mrs. Freshley’s Old Fashioned Brownie
1.0
  • I thought that, perhaps, this would a higher-quality brownie that would offer a rich, chocolate flavor and fresh nuts
  • What I ended up with was nothing more than your standard boxed brownie and boy was I ever disappointed

• by GenesisOne

Here is yet another brownie from Mrs. Freshley’s that I simply did not find all that remarkable or satisfying at all.

Mrs.

Freshley’s Old Fashioned Brownie is a little different from the other brownies made by the company, but I must stress the word “little”.

I really do not know where exactly the words “old fashioned” come into

play because the only difference that exists between this brownie and the other brownies made by the company is the absence of fudge.

My taste buds and eyes can taste or see no other differences and that really makes me wonder just what the company thought they were achieving when they slapped on the term “old fashioned” and ...

• did away with the fudge topping.

I thought that, perhaps, this would a higher-quality brownie that would offer a rich, chocolate flavor and fresh nuts.

What I ended up with was nothing more than your standard boxed brownie and boy was I ever disappointed.

Even after heating up the brownie in the microwave for a few moments, the

heat failed to bring out any new flavor that I had not experienced before.

Do not let the “old fashioned” words fool you - there is nothing “old fashioned” about this brownie other than the “old fashioned” way of doing business where a company takes an existing product, modifies it slightly and then markets it as something new and different.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272407773611131/k2311a0724/7.24.09