ZA: Zombies Anonymous  » Movies  »
2.5
  • The biggest problem with this independent film is the obvious low budget
  • I think it had potential to be much more interesting if you had better acting and a bit more in terms of special effects and make up
  • If I were to change that, I think it would be an effort to add a bit more depth to the characters
  • If you watch it, you likely will find yourself somewhat disappointed overall but will still find it to be somewhat unique

• by Steve

OK, I’m a fan of Zombie movies, that’s no secret. So, I decided to give ZA: Zombies Anonymous a try just for the heck of it.

I’m going to give this movie some points for originality.

Most zombies in movies like this are mindless beings who only want to kill the

living.

But, in this movie, they are a group of citizens who are quietly trying to be accepted in mainstream society.

I’m sure there is some sort of political statement trying to be made with that, though I honestly couldn’t figure out exactly what that was.

I’m guessing racism or something ...

• of that nature.

The biggest problem with this independent film is the obvious low budget.

I think it had potential to be much more interesting if you had better acting and a bit more in terms of special effects and make up.

I, however, don’t think I would change much about

the actual script.

If I were to change that, I think it would be an effort to add a bit more depth to the characters.

It’s an OK movie but not a great one.

If you watch it, you likely will find yourself somewhat disappointed overall but will still find it to be somewhat unique.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112407773501131/k2311a0724/7.24.09