Emergency! Zero  » TV  »
  • I like how the show tries to get you to believe the dad is the bad guy in all of this
  • I think the revelation it is actually the mother is one that should get some credit considering shows tend to forget both parents have the potential for abuse

• by Steve

I haven’t seen any episodes of the old television show Emergency in some time now. But, we had dinner at my parents’ last night and my dad was watching it so I ended up watching one with him; “Zero.

” This episode turned out to be halfway interesting.

You have a young child attempting to kill himself by

jumping off a building.

This was, of course, really strange.

But, he also had quite a few marks on his face indicating he was abused by one of his parents.

I like how the show tries to get you to believe the dad is the bad guy in all of this.

He seems like a real jerk,

• especially around his wife, and it is easy to believe he is beating his kid on a regular basis.

I think the revelation it is actually the mother is one that should get some credit considering shows tend to forget both parents have the potential for abuse.

I like how the doctor on the show was quick

to point out that the parents are also the victim too because they don’t intend on doing it, they just can’t handle the stress.

Interesting thought.

I have to admit, watching this episode really got me interested in seeing more of the show.

I might have to add it to my netflix list and watch one of the seasons sometime.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102407773491131/k2311a0724/7.24.09