Revlon ColorStay Mineral Eye Shadow in Tiger Eye
  • I like really natural looks like my face but better , so I am always really interested when I see really pretty eyeshadows in brown/beige, champagne, and bronze colors
  • One thing I don't like about this eyeshadow is it is so soft and fragile that you really have to be careful when you put this in a makeup bag or when you are holding it
  • Another thing I don't like is that while the colors are really pretty, I wish they could show up a little darker
  • However, I think this eyeshadow has a pretty nice staying power

• by Kelairyy

I am more of a casual person when it comes to makeup; I like really natural looks like “my face but better”, so I am always really interested when I see really pretty eyeshadows in brown/beige, champagne, and bronze colors. When I saw the Revlon mineral eyeshadow in Tiger Eye, I was really interested because the colors look so pretty and would be perfect for an everyday summer look-something light and simple but still elegant. The eyeshadow is dome shaped and seperated into three colors. The lightest shade is a cream color, the next color is a really light brown color, and the last color is a dark brown. All three of the eyeshadows contain some shimmer, but it is not too much that it looks tacky on my eyelids. I really like this eyeshadow because I can just use this for a whole eye look. I

don’t need a lot of eyeshadows because there are three different shades that are perfect for a natural eye look. Usually, if I am too lazy to use a lot of eyeshadows, I just take the Revlon mineral eye shadow in Tiger eye and use the medium shade as an all over lid, the dark brown on the outer corner and crease, and the lightest shade on my brow bone as a highlight. It looks great and saves a lot of time too just to use one eyeshadow for a whole look!

One thing I don’t like about this eyeshadow is it is so soft and fragile that you really have to be careful when you put this in a makeup bag or when you are holding it. It could easily shatter if you drop it because it is a mineral eyeshadow. That is why I wouldn’t suggest ...

• bringing this in a makeup bag for touchups. Just leave it at home after you apply your makeup. Another thing I don’t like is that while the colors are really pretty, I wish they could show up a little darker. The two lighter colors are almost the same when I swatch it on my hand, even though when looking them in the container, they look really different. Also, the darkest brown isn’t even very dark. It is more of a light bronze color. Sometimes the shimmer gets to be too much on my eyes, so I have to make sure I don’t put too much of this eyeshadow on. Usually it is okay, not too bad, but sometimes it will really glisten in the sun and make my eyes look like a glitter machine-not exactly what I’m going for, since I like natural looks (more low key).

However,

I think this eyeshadow has a pretty nice staying power. On its own without a primer, it can last for a couple of hours without touchups. However, after a while, it will start to wear off, so I usually put on a cream base or eye primer like Urban Decay Primer Potion to make the eyeshadow stay on longer. I think the colors look really nice for natural, everyday looks, and if you haven’t seen this before, definitely check it out the next time you are at a drugstore! It is about eight dollars which I think is a little expensive for a drugstore eyeshadow. That is one big factor holding me back from repurchasing this. While the colors are pretty, this eyeshadow isn’t the greatest pigmentation-wise, and there ARE better out there. However, it is a really nice eyeshadow nonetheless, at it wouldn’t be a ripoff to try it out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312407773301131/k2311a0724/7.24.09