Mary Kay TimeWise Age-Fighting Lip Primer
  • I was at a Mary Kay party to support a friend who was starting to sell this line of cosmetics, and there was lip primer available, called Mary Kay TimeWise Age-Fighting Lip Primer, so I decided to try the sample to see if it was really ‘all that
  • It makes both my lipstick and lip gloss last for hours, but the main feature I like about this primer is that it makes my lips smooth and feels very soft

• by Jessie Bahrey

Lipstick and lip gloss that wears off in a couple of hours drives me crazy, so I have tried several long-wearing lip products, such as stains, and they either dry my lips out and/or they feel thick and heavy when applied. I didn’t really think there was any other option, until a friend suggested applying a lip base or ‘primer’ as a first coat before the lipstick or lip gloss. I was skeptical, seeing it as yet another expensive and

unnecessary cosmetic that we women don’t really need.

I was at a Mary Kay party to support a friend who was starting to sell this line of cosmetics, and there was lip primer available, called Mary Kay TimeWise Age-Fighting Lip Primer, so I decided to try the sample to see if it was really ‘all that. ’

This lip primer is supposed to fill in fine lines and wrinkles on our lips, extend the wear of your lipstick, and prevent your lipstick or gloss from ‘bleeding and feathering,’ or so the package claims.

At $25, this seemed a bit steep for me, but I gave it a try, as we were allowed to try out products at this party before purchasing. This balm went on my lips like a clear chap stick, but not as thick; it is sheer on the lips, and feels light and airy, not heavy and sticky at all.

I didn’t really notice any wrinkles on my lips ...

• Mary Kay TimeWise Age-Fighting Lip Primer
      disappearing, but my lips did look smoother. I then applied my normal lipstick on top of the lip primer, and sat through the rest of the party.

Over the next couple hours, I ate, drank and talked, and my lipstick stayed put. I decided to purchase one, and my order arrived in a week.

Since then, I use the primer every day. It makes both my lipstick and lip gloss last for hours, but the main feature I like about

this primer is that it makes my lips smooth and feels very soft.

I have on occasion worn it alone, and it has the effect of making my lips feel and look nourished. I even seem to have less dryness all the time, even when I am not wearing the product at all.

Mary Kay TimeWise Age-Fighting Lip Primer is a great product to wear under lipstick and lip gloss, but it also works on its own to make your lips smooth and soft.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312407773271131/k2311a0724/7.24.09