M*A*S*H: Dr. Winchester and Mr. Hyde  » TV  »
  • Hyde is one of those shows that I want to like, but because I love animals I have a hard time really enjoying it
  • I don't like watching it in any way at all

• by Orrymain

M*A*S*H: Dr. Winchester and Mr. Hyde is one of those shows that I want to like, but because I love animals I have a hard time really enjoying it. This is even though it all turns out okay. It’s just the thought that perturbs me.

The comedy portion of the episode deals with a

race between the Army and the Marines, only it’s not the men racing, but it’s mice. For the 4077th, Radar agrees to let his pet mouse, Daisy, race. He’s eager for her to participate, but right before the race, Winchester gets the mouse some drugs. Radar knows right away something is wrong,

• but he thinks it’s just the stress.

I just hate the callousness of the drug-giving to the mouse, fiction or not. I don’t like watching it in any way at all. It’s probably the one thing I’m a real stickler about. Don’t show me anything that mistreats an animal in any way.

I don’t want to see it.

The power of this show, however, comes when Hawkeye and B.J. realize that Charles has been taking drugs. This scene is rather amazing. It completely held my interest from start to finish. It’s very telling.

So, I want to say great episode, but the Daisy incident prevents me from doing so.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102407772931031/k2311a0724/7.24.09