Verizon Cellular Services
1.0
  • Many of my friends had Verizon anyway, so I decided to switch, still under my parent’s name and give it a try
  • They were not friendly at all, even though they are required to be and I have spent hours on the phone with them with every problem that I have had
  • The phone that I bought was the Mint Chocolate

• by forevergrateful12

I originally had what used to be Cingular (now AT&T) since that was what my parents had and I was under their plan. Then, a friend of my recommended Verizon to me, saying that they were way better than AT&T and that their Customer Service was friendlier. Many of my friends had Verizon anyway, so I decided to switch, still under my parent’s name and give it a try. I was not impressed.

To begin with, their reception was not very good. It worked in very little places in the building where I went to school and it worked in only certain areas

where I worked. And when I moved further north, it did not work at all. To me, having reception where ever I go is very important because the main reason why people have a cell phone is in case of an emergency. It would be very difficult for someone to use their cell phone when they need help if they don’t even have any reception.

Secondly, their customer service sucks. My friend may have had some great encounters with them, but I did not. They were not friendly at all, even though they are required to be and I have spent hours on ...

• the phone with them with every problem that I have had. I’m the one spending 200 dollars a month for their service, so they should at least talk to me like I am.

My last complaint is their cheaply made phones. The phone that I bought was the Mint Chocolate. This phone looks really cool and it has many features. However, after about 6 months, a piece inside of my phone broke off and I could no longer charge the phone. It was the piece that the charger goes into. I don’t understand why that would even break off. Anyway, I brought it

in to a Verizon store and they told me that I had to replace the whole phone because they could not fix that one little piece. So, they gave me a phone number to call. When I called, they made me pay fifty dollars to replace the phone because it was not a “manufacturer’s defect”. However, I believed that it was because when I put my charger into my phone, it should be able to stay in securely and charge my phone.

I cancelled my contract with Verizon as soon as I turned eighteen and returned to AT&T. I haven’t have a problem since.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 222407772701031/k2311a0724/7.24.09