Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)  » Movies  »
2.0
  • I think I contradict most of the people I know

• by cliff ryan

With the release of the Transformers on the year 2007, many fans anticipated the sequel of the famed Transformers. I was one of them. The first movie captured my interest (although I’m already a fan of the old school Transformers cartoons) because of the plot, action scenes, and most specially the comic reliefs. It was a movie to remember and I was hoping that the sequel to the Transformers would satisfy me in the same way that the part 1 movie did.

However, I was wrong. I think I contradict most of the people I know. They say “I loved it!”, “It was a nice

movie!”, “The action scenes were to die for!”, etc. Most of the people I know had positive comments about the said movie. I was one of the few that didn’t really like the movie. Here are my reasons:

1. The comedy was not the same as its predecessor. Although the sequel added a new character (the roommate, can’t remember his name) to play parts of the comic relief, it was not the same as Shia LaBeouf’s acting. Also, the number of strategic comedy scenes was reduced significantly with respect to the length of the movie.

2. There are way too many characters in the movie’s action scene.

• Seriously though, when you look at the last part of the movie where in they were trying to revive Optimus Prime, there were too many fight scenes happening at the same time which makes it hard to differentiate each transformer from one another. And it doesn’t help that the Decepticon’s color is all gray. The director could of made this movie better (and saved a whole lot of money) by making some of these scenes in slow motion.

3. The movie was lengthy (150 minutes). That’s 2 ½ hours, of a movie that’s predominantly action (which you cannot understand much since the scenes were fast).

I think that this movie would be better if they cut some of the action scenes and the screening time down to maybe 2 hours.

4. The plot was… not very good. The main plot is that the Autobots need to stop the “Fallen” from destroying the Earth. That’s it. I think that this movie was driven by the pure Computer Graphics that it possessed. That was what drove the fans to watching it, nothing more.

So, if you want to watch an action filled movie, go ahead watch Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. But if you’re looking for nice movie just like its predecessor, it’s better to skip this movie.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112307772580731/k2311a0723/7.23.09