Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)  » Movies  »
  • The only thing that disappointed me was the ending, which was to be climatic and a significant turn in the plot
  • It ended up not being as emotionally powerfully as I thought it would be, but perhaps this is sacrificed for the much appreciated comedy
  • I really think Half-Blood Prince is the best film so far
  • Director David Yates did an amazing job with the film and I am excited that he will be directing both Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts I and II

• by kirbystar7

I went to see this film opening night, and of course, the theater was packed with people dressed in wizard costumes with scars on their foreheads. Just like other avid readers of the Harry Potter books, I had been very critical of the previous films and came in with low expectations. In my mind, deviation from the

novel was bad.

The film did indeed deviate, but instead of offending me, it left me pleasantly surprised. It was almost as if I had been given only a vague summary of the story and was always wondering what was going to happen next. Inevitably, parts of the novel were left out, but the story still flowed.

Two things really stood out in this film. First off, the comedy was much more pronounced in this film than its predecessors. This installment was supposed to be much more serious and dark, but I remember laughing most of the time. Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint’s characters were hilarious. Second, there is more romance and tension, as the ...

• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
      characters have gotten older, and I really feel as if I have grown up with the series. The actors and actresses have truly improved since Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.

The only thing that disappointed me was the ending, which was to be climatic and a significant turn in the plot. It ended up not being

as emotionally powerfully as I thought it would be, but perhaps this is sacrificed for the much appreciated comedy.

I really think Half-Blood Prince is the best film so far. Director David Yates did an amazing job with the film and I am excited that he will be directing both Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts I and II.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112307772460731/k2311a0723/7.23.09