Lowndesville Cafe Near Lake Russell and Lake Seccession in SC  » Restaurants  »
Hwy 81 in Lowndesville, SC
  • Although this may not seem so amazing to someone else, let me explain that Lowndesville simply consists of a gas station (which is connected to the café) and some cows
  • The French fries were cooked just right as well, and were a little bit soft just the way I like them
  • The cleanliness of the restaurant was definitely appreciated as well
  • Perhaps one of the most interesting things about the Lowndesville Café is the decorations that fill the room
  • I can guarantee that I will be frequenting the restaurant much more in the future, and recommend it to anyone looking for a good quick bite to eat

• by cbantly

Here I am working yet another 24 hour EMS shift, and I am in rural Abbeville County in SC with practically nothing to eat. The only small town near us is Lowndesville, and I was shocked to hear that there was a small café inside the town limits. Although this may not seem so amazing to someone else, let me explain that Lowndesville simply consists of a gas station (which is connected to the café) and some cows. Granted we traveled the back way, but we took the ambulance down 3 miles of gravel roads to cut across to Lowndesville. With every bump I became more and more doubtful that the restaurant would be even close to worth our time. The Lowndesville Café as it is called is absolutely amazing and I can’t believe I haven’t tried it sooner.

If you are anything like me, you are probably a little leery about

eating at a café attached to a gas station, but the food was fantastic. As soon as we walked in the front door, we were greeted and told to sit anywhere we like. A waiter came right over and took our orders and before we knew it the food was ready. The waiter was quick to offer his suggestions especially after we explained that we had never been inside the place. It is a family owned business and he said he has been working there quite some time. It’s nice to receive service from an individual who is actually happy to be at their job. I had a cheeseburger plate with French fries, and I can honestly say I haven’t had a good burger in a long time. The meat was very thick and it wasn’t nearly as greasy as I expected. The French fries were cooked just ...

• right as well, and were a little bit soft just the way I like them. My partner that I am working with today also had a cheeseburger and he agrees that it wasn’t a bad meal at all. There were a lot of different items on the menu, but I simply haven’t had a chance to try any of them yet. They have a breakfast buffet on Saturday mornings that I’m sure would be excellent as well. They didn’t have it today, but there is also a lunch buffet available as well. The food was very reasonably priced and my cheeseburger plate was about $5.

The cleanliness of the restaurant was definitely appreciated as well. After bouncing all over the road to get there and drinking coffee for the last 16 hours, I desperately needed to use the restroom. Most gas station facilities are disgusting, but the Lowndesville café’s bathroom

is surprisingly clean. The facilities are shared with the Lake Russell gas station, but it is obvious that somebody takes the time to ensure they are well-stocked and sparkling clean.

Perhaps one of the most interesting things about the Lowndesville Café is the decorations that fill the room. If you are a hunter or outdoor enthusiast, you will truly appreciate the interior of the restaurant. However, if you are an animal lover, be warned that there are deer heads in the middle of the dining area. The restaurant was very clean and I always enjoy a good meal. Working 24 hour shifts is not definitely my favorite part of EMS, but the Lowndesville café sure is. I can guarantee that I will be frequenting the restaurant much more in the future, and recommend it to anyone looking for a good quick bite to eat. I would rate the food and the service a 8.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72307772300631/k2311a0723/7.23.09